Tucson Vintage Play Days

Post all your vintage karting messages here in the General Discussion Forum

Moderator: Rob Voska

ted johnson

Tucson Vintage Play Days

Post by ted johnson » Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:57 pm

I don't think Dean Kanocz will mind me reposting his Tucson Play Days post:

Hi all Vintage Karters,

The 3rd Annual Tucson Vintage Play Days are under 3 weeks away!
November 2,3 and 4th at the Musselman Honda Circuit.
11800 S. Harrison Rd., Tucson Az.

30.00 dollars per day or 90.00 for all 3 days. A great facility with super smooth racing surface. Also featuring real restrooms, 2 covered pit grids, covered eating area, and large parking area for those wanting to camp at the track.

For those not camping at the track we suggest the Comfort Suites, 6935 S. Tucson Blvd, Tucson Az. 85756. Ph# 520-295-4400.

Kart show will be on Saturday @ 4pm with awards presented after BBQ.
Award classes are as follows;1.) Best restored rear engine
2.) Best modified rear engine
3.) Best restored sidewinder
4.) Best modified sidewinder
5.) Best original
6.) Peoples choice- best of show

All participants will be the judges and will receive a ballot to vote for each class.

The event BBQ will be Saturday @ 5pm and will feature pulled pork and beef brisket cooked at the track in Dean's smoker. Beans and sides will also be provided. We will also have a BBQ feed on Sunday midday for our world outlaw karting guests and all are welcome.

Vintage karts are featured but we will allow modern karts to attend and will have separate 20 minute sessions to accommodate them as well.

Any questions send a pm message.

Thank you and hope to see you there!!

Just so you know: this may be the nicest track West of the Mississippi as far as the facility itself goes. Also, Dean's BBQ is on a par with Jimmy Donovan's. We will have fun! :D Ted

dean kanocz
Vintage Karting items owned: Rupp, Fox, Hornet, Bug, McCulloch, Lee Kart, Macs, WB's, Power Products
User Agreement: Yes

Re: Tucson Vintage Play Days

Post by dean kanocz » Sun Oct 21, 2018 1:24 pm

Thank you Ted for posting this.

We will also have a gift raffle, 50/50 raffle and a surprise raffle. All raffle proceeds except 1/2 of 50/50 to benefit Ernie Fisher medical fund.

As Ted kindly mentioned Musselman is one of the nicest facilities I have attended.

Look forward to seeing Ted and all my other karting friends!

Dean

ted johnson

Re: Tucson Vintage Play Days

Post by ted johnson » Sun Oct 21, 2018 3:50 pm

Dean will eat me alive thru the turns, but I hope to keep up with him down the straights! Looking forward to seeing him, his pop, Joe and his wife Jennifer. Ted