TBO 2018 Thanks

Post all your vintage karting messages here in the General Discussion Forum

Moderator: Rob Voska

REAR

TBO 2018 Thanks

Post by REAR » Wed Sep 05, 2018 6:25 pm

On behalf of Rob Voska and myself, Bob Kurkowski we would like to personally Thank everyone who made it out to the 17th. annual running of THE BIG ONE. Through your passion for the early machines that formed the beginnings of karting together with your loyal support of R.E.A.R. you have allowed TBO to not only become world renowned, you have also made this event the most unique and fun event in all of karting and we would like to share our most sincere gratitude with all of you for your continued support of the event.

To all of our loyal sponsors, to the private individuals and manufacturers, to the track owners, and to our track workers we are also thankful and grateful to all of you for your hard work, loyal support and dedication to our mission of preserving the early history of karting and we cannot Thank you all enough also.

Listed below in no particular order are the stand out individuals who helped make the 2018 running of THE BIG ONE possible.

Brian Naufzinger
Donnie Cain
Klotz Lubricants
Jenna Bowman
John Berky
Swapmeet Man- Paul R.
Tracey Turner
Virgil And Kitzi Love
Don Thompson
Robert Cain
Richard Engle
Jim Donovan {Max-Torque}
Iron Mike Evrin
Vroom Magazine
Kyle Moody
The Smith Family-F.R.P.
Ralph and Betty Spithaler
Ted Tine
Target Distributing
Dale and Aurora Krashenko
The Roger Santee Family
Shawn Engle
Blenzall Lubricants
Rick Neal
Carson Smith
Gary Wlardsky
The Herb Dickel Family
StrokerAce Ebay Sales
and of course Mr. Frank Weir

If there is anyone we may have omitted please send us a private message and we will get you on the above list so you can receive the recognition you so rightly deserve.

Sincerely... Bob Kurkowski, Rob Voska

Mike Anderson
Vintage Karting items owned: SAE karts (2)
Rathman xterminator (3)
margay cheetah dual (1)
Blackstone Special (1)
User Agreement: Yes

Re: TBO 2018 Thanks

Post by Mike Anderson » Thu Sep 06, 2018 8:27 am

Sounds like you all had a good time. Wish we could have been there. Finally starting to recover from the Alaska trip crud. Looking forward to seeing pictures to make me more jealous. Hope to see everyone soon at some event. Next year the Big One.
Thanks for what you do, Mike and Kathy

Kurt Bogerman
Vintage Karting items owned: 1964(?) Rupp Grand Prix, MC 90, Safari Gearbox.
User Agreement: Yes

Re: TBO 2018 Thanks

Post by Kurt Bogerman » Mon Sep 10, 2018 9:40 pm

This has been my first year as an active karter, vintage or otherwise. It's been a lot of fun getting to meet people and learn from their experience. I like to think that my rookie enthusiasm keeps everyone on their toes. (Hopefully that can be said of my questions and conversations within the online forums and out in the pits, and less so out on the track! :o )

I enjoyed attending TBO, and I'd like to thank everyone who makes events like this possible :D . As a consumer, it's easy to take for granted the efforts and coordination that go into event planning. My wife, Natalie, who attended TBO and several other vintage events with me this summer, spends a large portion of her professional life planning and organizing meetings and training events: I have seen the level of stress and frustration that goes into this, even on a much smaller scale!

So... I encourage everyone to never take for granted the efforts of all those responsible for planning, organizing, sponsoring and working these events in so many ways, visible and behind the scenes.

To those folks, Thank You!