TBO goes foreign

Post all your vintage karting messages here in the General Discussion Forum

Moderator: Rob Voska

REAR

TBO goes foreign

Post by REAR » Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:14 am

Don't let the title fool you, were going to stick with not only our roots but the roots of Karting also so it will still be Rear Engine American Racers only.

In 2017 we did however have the pleasure of having a gentlemen from Brazil attending TBO. The fellows name is Leo Nakata and he is part of the historical karting scene in his homeland and he made the trip to the States to check out all of the action.

We also had the good fortune of Historical Kartings walking encyclopedia and all around good guy Mr. Frank Weir in attendance doing his annual reporting for Vroom Magazine. Always a pleasure to see Frank and Thank him for all he has done for not only R.E.A.R. but the whole sport of karting. Bet you didn't know that when Frank isn't jetting around the world doing race event reporting he is a avid kart builder, collector, and race promoter.

Franks is the good looking distinguished guy on the left.

R.E.A.R.

ted johnson

Re: TBO goes foreign

Post by ted johnson » Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:42 am

A lot of us karters know Frank's build talents. He did a Swoopster after having seen Charlie's and mine. Here's a pic. I wish I had Frank's talent as well as his shop. Frank's a great representative of karting as well as a great friend. We're lucky to know him! Ted
Attachments
franks_swoopster_7.JPG