Post all your vintage karting messages here in the General Discussion Forum

Moderator: Rob Voska

Dan Flanders
Vintage Karting items owned: Pimped out Yerf-Dog with 22" spinners
User Agreement: Yes

Mac Seals

Post by Dan Flanders » Sun Mar 02, 2008 12:34 pm

Hi All-
Somebody posted, along while back, the appropriate part numbers for the Mc91 & 101 seals that were available stock off the shelf from Napa. Does some one know those part#'s or did someone by chance save that information. I thought I had made a copy, but I think it went the way of the Dodo when my other computer died.

Thanks,
Dan

ted johnson

Re: Mac Seals

Post by ted johnson » Sun Mar 02, 2008 12:43 pm

Hi, Dan. Hope this helps! #9243 ¾” PTO seals for both 100 and 125cc Mac’s.

#6816 is the PTO seal for 92, 93 & 101 engines.
#7421 is the 101 dust shield.

#7414 is the seal for the inner mag side of 91, 92, 93 & 101 engines
www2.chicago-rawhide.com/parts_lookup_457010.htm#
Ted

Dan Flanders

Post by Dan Flanders » Sun Mar 02, 2008 1:21 pm

Hey Ted-
You are a rock-star! Thanks a bunch. I'll make sure to save the information this time.

Dan

ted johnson

Post by ted johnson » Mon Mar 03, 2008 8:15 am

Hey, Dan - see ya at TBO! TJ

Dan Flanders

Post by Dan Flanders » Mon Mar 03, 2008 12:14 pm

Looking forward to it.
Going make sure everything runs this time before throwing in the truck and driving 12 hours. :) Heck it ran just fine 2 months ago... I don't need to worry about it. WRONG.
Hey, how's the Swoopster progressing? I sure can't wait to see it. Hope its ready for TBO.

Dan

ted johnson

Post by ted johnson » Mon Mar 03, 2008 3:39 pm

Dan, the Bandits are progressing. I sent Charlie Craibe all the tube fabrication drawings on CD a week or 2 ago, and the chassis weldment drawings are 95% done, and he will get them next week. I don't envy him having all that tubing to bend, cut and notch, but he has excellent attention to detail, and will do fine. He's a very good carpenter/cabinet maker, so the weld table will be well within his scope. All the sheet and plate parts are cut and edge-sanded, and all but 1 machined part is complete (the swing mounts are fantastic). Greg Gouveia made the replica Palmini floor tanks, and the repro Fey Q.C. sprocket hubs (WOW!). The chrome shop went out of business, so they cashed my check and threw away all our spindles and steering shafts.... I hope we'll make it in time for TBO, but if not, I will bring the Sprint. Have you cultivated that deep Georgia accent yet? You will.... Cheers, Ted

Dan Flanders

Post by Dan Flanders » Mon Mar 03, 2008 6:35 pm

Oh man, that is really crappy. Steal your money and your parts???? :evil: What a drag, I am sorry to hear that.
Like you said, if worse comes to worse you've got the Bug (and a very sweet ride I might add). There is something to be said about have a solid go to kart. I've been neglecting the Caretta because I was unsure about the brake re-design and I had another solid running kart. The brake is way over-engineered so there is no reason to doubt it, I've just been hesitant.

No Georgia accent yet, but I find myself craving bbq and sweet-tea for some unknown reason.

Dan

ted johnson

Post by ted johnson » Mon Mar 03, 2008 7:30 pm

Do you find yourself watching Paula Dean? Do you wonder what baked possum tastes like? One of my workmates just suggested calling the Ft. Worth Better Business Bureau about the steering components. I may just do that. Oh, yes, Ron Cubel is in the last stages of a Caretta resto - it looks really nice. Later! Ted