THE BIG ONE 2008 !

Post all your vintage karting messages here in the General Discussion Forum

Moderator: Rob Voska

REAR

THE BIG ONE 2008 !

Post by REAR » Sat Mar 01, 2008 9:05 am

Ladies and Gentlemen,

Rear Engine American Racers is once again proud to take this opportunity to offer our invitation to THE BIG ONE 2008 (click for Event info Page) .

All the contractual obligations with Fremont Raceway Park have been finalized and the track has been secured for Labor Day weekend 2008 so you can start your plannig now to come out and enjoy this years running of the worlds largest and only event dedicated to the American machine that formed the beginnings of the hobby of karting.

We are however still awaiting word from 'corporate' on a special room rate we are trying to get for the event weekend from The Fremont Holiday Inn because it is our continual goal to provide not only a family fun event but a affordable one as well. Once we recieve any info or updates we will be posting complete pricing and contact info for your convience.

Check the R.E.A.R. Guidelines for the simple specs all participating machines must be compliant with because as in the past there will be NO exceptions to these Guidelines permitted.

R.E.A.R....Made in AMERICA.

ted johnson

Re: THE BIG ONE 2008 !

Post by ted johnson » Sat Mar 01, 2008 1:50 pm

Rob 'n' Bob! We had so much fun last year we wanna come back! Charlie Craibe and I MAY have the new repro karts ready. I have sent him a CD with all the frame parts full size for fabrication, and will send him a CD with all the full size frame assembly views this coming week so the weld jig(s) can be fabbed. All the plate and sheet parts are finished, as well as the swing mounts and the machined pieces. Wish us luck! Rob, I shoot a bird at Eclipse every time I go to the waterjet place across the street! They deserve it!! Later - Ted

Rob Voska

Post by Rob Voska » Sat Mar 01, 2008 2:00 pm

Ted ya mean they are still there? :o Check out http://www.eclipsecriticng.blogspot.com/
Believe the bad because that's what it was. I was just much too dumb to know a consultant was suposed to worry about billable hrs and not about productivity and results. Evenutally it will go down in flames but I feel sorry for the floor employees. Management thougt it was the mid 90's and they were still at Intel. ROTFLOL :D :D :D :D :D

George Sellon

Post by George Sellon » Sat Mar 01, 2008 3:35 pm

Bob & Rob, FYI, the REAR Guidelines button on the home page opens the flyer for TBO 08 instead of the guidelines.

Hey Ted, I think I am going this year so if I can help you or Charlie with transportation let me know.

George
kart54.com

REAR

Post by REAR » Sat Mar 01, 2008 4:17 pm

George, hope you can make it back buddy. Always a pleasure to have you in attendence

Ted, lookin forward to continuing our vintage slotcar conversation, your too too cool dude! Going to bring a new car that I built for a major retro race for your viewing. Maybe we can do a little swapping for one of those repo kart fromes. LOL!

Man this cold weather is killing us is in the midwest so just the thought of a warm September day sliding these old heaps around will have to do for now but as we told Cubel at the swap meet last month, its not that bad because its a dry cold.

See you when its warm, fellows...

R.E.A.R.

ted johnson

Post by ted johnson » Sat Mar 01, 2008 4:28 pm

Rob, I know how these people want to hear only what they want to hear! Thank god that the chiefs at Sandia are not like that. Of course, I'm only a CAD designer, but I am allowed to disagree with the prevailing ideas and to present my own arguements.
George, I will be taking the Bug Sprint, and possibly the repop kart, from New Mexico, and will probably meet Charlie in Illinois. Don't yet have a feel for both he and I having our reproduction karts ready. We'll keep in touch! Thanks for the idea.
By the way, Rob, maybe we can Pro/E design a new generation of slot cars! I used to love to race them, but was never a great slot driver. Dad's track complex was a really nice venue, and he could drive like Andretti...not me! :oops: BTW Ron really had a good time with you guys at the swap meet. Ted

Rob Voska

Post by Rob Voska » Sat Mar 01, 2008 7:54 pm

Thanks George....try this one http://rearenginekarts.com/REAR_flier_a ... s_2008.pdf and scroll down to the second page.

I'll have to get this looked into. We just updated some things.
Thanks
Rob

Mark Cermak
Vintage Karting items owned: 4 Rupp Chaparrals, 6 Simplex's, Chevy Monza Jr., 1969 Blackhawk Poison Arrow
User Agreement: Yes

Post by Mark Cermak » Sat Mar 01, 2008 11:54 pm

Rob & Bob,

Looking forward to Labor Day 2008 and the best weekend of the year! I'm working on another Simplex and hopefully it will be completed by then.

Thanks in advance for all of your collective efforts to make this always the Best !

Mark

Al Klusman Jr-Torque
Vintage Karting items owned: 1962 "Lighting Bug"
1960 Bug "Scorpion"

Post by Al Klusman Jr-Torque » Sun Mar 02, 2008 4:25 am

Rob and Bob,
Jack Canaday and I are looking foreward to seeing you again this year!!
Ted, you and Charlie were a "HOOT"!! It will be good to see you both
again this year also. We plan to bring a supprise kart to REAR this year.
We think you will enjoy it!!
Go Fast!!
Torque

Brian Thomas
Vintage Karting items owned: 61 Simplex MKII , 61 Fox Mak , 61 Fox , 67 Lancer,74 Kobra, Gokart 400, Unknown
User Agreement: Yes

Post by Brian Thomas » Sun Mar 02, 2008 7:34 am

We will be there again also , looking foward to it .
Brian and Dottie
Brian , Dottie and Shadow Thomas
Black Dog Vintage Racing
http://www.blackdogvintageracing.com
If there isn't a Black Dog hair in the bag it's not a Black Dog product
"Black Dog" ask for it by name