THE BIG ONE 2008 !

Post all your vintage karting messages here in the General Discussion Forum

Moderator: Rob Voska

ted johnson

Re: THE BIG ONE 2008 !

Post by ted johnson » Fri Mar 28, 2008 2:09 pm

Hi, gang. I just made mine and Charlie's reservation - absolutely no problems. They knew just what I was talking about. See ya there! Ted J.

REAR

Post by REAR » Fri Mar 28, 2008 4:16 pm

Ted, Brian,

Thanks for the response guys.

Sorry for the initial problems.

Offer still stands if anyone else experiences any difficulties. Got trouble, give us a hollar and we'll fix it.

R.E.A.R.

John Swartout
Vintage Karting items owned: 1960 Percival Hellcat
1961 Thunderblitz
1961 Fox Go-Boy

Post by John Swartout » Wed Apr 02, 2008 4:54 pm

Hello everyone,Sandy and I have our reservation,and are looking forward to seeing all of you there!

Rob Voska

Post by Rob Voska » Thu Apr 03, 2008 9:40 am

Hi John
Glad it's working. Seems every year there is a glitch getting the reservations started.

The event is shaping up to be H U G E with phone calls and emails coming in from all over the place this year.

Always great to see old friends and make some new ones.

Thanks
Rob

Bob Towarnicki
Vintage Karting items owned: 65 Alley Kat Mc91
Narrow Hoop A Bone Mc91B
Various restoration projects
User Agreement: Yes

Post by Bob Towarnicki » Fri Apr 04, 2008 3:26 pm

I just made reservations at the Holiday Inn for me and Rob. Looking forward to a great two days. Just a caution, don't wait to long to reserve your room. They only had two double bed non-smoking rooms, which is what I needed, but they said it is filling up fast! Rob & Bob I think the town owes you guys a special award for bringing in all this business.
Bob

REAR

Post by REAR » Fri Apr 04, 2008 6:42 pm

Bob,

Good to hear Rob and you are returning. You guys and all the folks who attend are what make this event so special. Great people always make for great fun.

Thanks also for the heads up on the room situation. Glad your reservation went smoothly and from your comments on room availability it sounds like were on course to have another record setting year.

We will be meeting again with the Holiday Inn staff sometime early next week to see if we can get some more rooms reserved for the event since it appears the motel is filling up fast. Our guests pleasure and enjoyment is always tops on our list and we at R.E.A.R. are constantly striving to make THE BIG ONE the most affordable, pleasurable, and memorable event in all of karting.

Keep your eyes on this 'topic' for further motel updates and event info as we recieve it.

THE BIG ONE...OH Yeah !

R.E.A.R.

REAR

Post by REAR » Thu Apr 10, 2008 6:49 pm

We spoke with the staff at The Fremont Holiday Inn today and they assurred us that they will do everything possible to assure room availability for this years running of THE BIG ONE untill the August 15th. cut off date. After this date you are on your own as to your lodgeing needs however they may still have rooms available but not at the special event discount rate.

Our offer still stands however if anyone has any trouble before the August cut-off date with room accomadations. Please post or call your hosts Rob Voska or Bob Kurkowski and we will do everthing we can to help you with your room reservations.

Thank you and please check the R.E.A.R. guidelines for kart and accessory
compliance and remember the 2007 West Bend model year and beyond engine are NOT eligible for participation.

R.E.A.R.

Mark Brubaker
Vintage Karting items owned: none that would do REAR proud. Sorry,,just bein' honest.

Post by Mark Brubaker » Mon Apr 14, 2008 6:26 am

Hi Guys and/or Gals.

If I was to finally make it to TBO for one day just to spectate, which day would you recommend?

Mark

Rob Voska

Post by Rob Voska » Mon Apr 14, 2008 6:31 am

BOTH ! :D Sat is usually just a little bigger than Sunday.

Jeff Troy
Vintage Karting items owned: Dart Super K/PP-AH58, Homelite Spitfire LA-1/KL-82/LR-82
User Agreement: Yes

Post by Jeff Troy » Mon Apr 28, 2008 3:14 pm

Hi, Guys,

Just back from CA and Las Vegas trips, and made my reservations.

Devin and I will be there, and we're doing our best to talk Lisa into joining us.

Looking forward to seeing everyone again. We'll have a collection of karts with us, including the new '62 Blitz F-1000.

Warmest regards,
Jeff Troy
759 New Holland Ave.
Lancaster PA 17602
717-917-3670 (Leave message and I will return your call)
http://www.bradleygt.com
http://www.jefftroy.com (Under Construction)