Mc10 Challenge at TBO

Post all your vintage karting messages here in the General Discussion Forum

Moderator: Rob Voska

Scott Kneisel
Vintage Karting items owned: '63 Rupp Grand Prix, 66 Rupp Chappy, Mc6's, Mc8, Mc10's, Mc20's
Lotsa' other Macs
User Agreement: Yes

Mc10 Challenge at TBO

Post by Scott Kneisel » Mon Feb 27, 2017 6:42 pm

I may have instigated something on Dave's new forum. I posted pics of an Mc10 I am building for the 2017 season and it got a ton of interest. Now at least 4 of us are bringing our Mc10's to TBO to have fun together.
Other than Clintons and round head Benders, I can't think of a more historic engine than the Mc10 which was McCulloch's first offering as a kart engine in 1959.

So I guess I am saying, if anyone has an Mc5, 6 , 10 or 20 (1959 and 1960 Macs) bring it to TBO this year and run with us. We should have a great revival of Americana karting.

There is also a Clinton challenge in the works, another great piece of Americana!!

TBO will be terrific this year!!!

REAR

Re: Mc10 Challenge at TBO

Post by REAR » Wed Mar 01, 2017 7:52 am

Scott,

This is great to hear. Its one of the most favorite sights of many to see all of the early evolution motor's on the track returned to their glory.

Looking forward to this.

THE BIG ONE....the roots of karting.

R.E.A.R.

Frank Payne
Vintage Karting items owned: lots a karts and engines

Post by Frank Payne » Sat Mar 18, 2017 8:43 pm

Hi Scott,

I just bought a nice original Duke Fox kart with twin Mc5s on it and really want to bring it to The Big One. It's a survivor and has original Goodyears on it which amazingly aren't dry rotted. If Rob and Bob would let me take a few laps on it with those tires I would like to run with you guys a little bit. I went to The Big One about 7-8 years ago and it was amazing! Absolutely the best kart event I've ever been to! Rob and Bob treated us great and even though it rained a bunch, I had a great time. By the way, Scott do you have any Mc 5 aluminum name plates? I have all the other Mc plates but those. I would be happy to trade or buy a couple if you have them. Thanks, Frank.

REAR

Post by REAR » Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:17 pm

Frank,

Please bring your Duke Fox, we have no problem with you running it on original tires and were sure everyone will enjoy seeing this unique piece of America's karting past.

It seems that aside from the Mc-10 Challenge the Clinton boys will not be outdone and they will be out in full force again this year along with a whole bunch of small West Bender's.

This year we might be able to answer that age old question, "who has the fastest slow kart".

R.E.A.R.