Blitz Kart restoration

Post all your vintage karting messages here in the General Discussion Forum

Moderator: Rob Voska

David Dimeola
Vintage Karting items owned: Vintage Blitz Kart

Blitz Kart restoration

Post by David Dimeola » Mon Feb 11, 2008 8:13 pm

I just picked up this Kart for restoration and I have been told its a Blitz Kart made in Huntington
Long Island, during the early 60's. Has anyone out there have one of these karts or seen some
solid examples of one ?

I'm looking for some ideas for motor setup and tracking down original parts that would have
been originally sold for this kart. This is my first kart rescue plan and i'm looking forward to
taking it apart this spring... just trying to gather up some background information and
options before I start.

Here are some pictures I took..
Much thanks!

http://www.820nyc.com/drop/Kart

Dean Seavers
Vintage Karting items owned: '66 Chap, '61 Bug Stinger, '61 McCulloch R-1, '60 Go Kart 800, '60 Bug Wasp, '60 Weirdo

Re: Blitz Kart restoration

Post by Dean Seavers » Mon Feb 11, 2008 9:17 pm

David-

I have an old Karting magazine from October 1960 that has s short article on the Blitz factory. Not much in the way of detailed pics, but it does have a couple pics of them assembling your model. From what I can tell, yours is from 1960, because by '61 they introduced the Thunderblitz, which was a different model and the trail goes cold after about '63. So you have a neat early kart indeed.

If you'd like me to scan and e-mail the article to you, drop me a line at voxnut@hotmail.com

Dean