THE BIG THANKS

Post all your vintage karting messages here in the General Discussion Forum

Moderator: Rob Voska

REAR

THE BIG THANKS

Post by REAR » Tue Sep 06, 2016 9:56 pm

On behalf of Rob Voska and myself, Bob Kurkowski we would like to personally Thank everyone who made the 15th. Anniversary running of THE BIG ONE such a huge success.

When we came up with the idea of having a fun gathering to remember Kartings past we never imagined that the road we were taking would be such a long lasting journey that would expose us to so many different people in our lifetime. People who we have shared friendships, laughter and loyalty with while we all have shared the same passion for that little machine called a Go-Kart.

To everyone who attended the 2016 running of THE BIG ONE, to all of our loyal sponsors, to the private individuals and manufacturers, to the track management, and to our track workers we are forever thankful and grateful to all of you for helping us to preserve the historical machines from the early days of karting in America.

Listed below in no particular order are the stand out individuals who helped make the 2016 running of THE BIG ONE possible.

John Poffenbaugh
Jim Donovan [Max-Torque}
Donnie Cain
John Berky
Roy Fenwick
Sam Polito
Swapmeet Man- Paul R.
Terry Sullivan
Tracey Turner
Virgil And Kitzi Love
Don Thompson
Robert Cain
Richard Engle
Mike Everland
Kyle Moody
Ron Brinker
Competition Karting
Target Distributing
Dale and Aurora Krashenko
Jeff Campbell
Ralph and Betty Spithaler
Blenzall Lubricants
Stroker Ace Ebay Sales
Robron
Gil Berg
Dick Teal
Jack Cannaday
The Herb Dickel Family
John Spitler
and of course Mr. Frank Weir

If there is anyone we may have omitted please send us a private message and we will get you on the above list so you can receive the recognition you so rightly deserve.

A very sincere Thank You to everyone who attended and donated to this years event.
Bob Kurkowski
Rob Voska

Terry Sullivan
Vintage Karting items owned: 4 Bugs, including the Wasp bought by my Dad in 1959. Many Clintons and a few Macs
User Agreement: Yes

Re: THE BIG THANKS

Post by Terry Sullivan » Wed Sep 07, 2016 12:34 pm

I had some big fun! Thanks Bob and Rob!

robert stanton
Vintage Karting items owned: manufacturer

Post by robert stanton » Wed Sep 07, 2016 2:36 pm

Many thanks for a well run event for Vintage Karts. Rob, Bob and the rest involved did a outstanding job of putting TBO. Enjoyed seeing everyone this year, so many I haven't seen in serveral years. Keep up the good work guys & Lord willing we will see you next year. By the way understood I was not doing to much Rupp Parts Now, very wrong, probably more than ever. Hard to give up after all these years.

John Poffenbaugh
Vintage Karting items owned: Rupp A-Bone(2)
Rupp j kart
Lancer GT
Probe Sidewinder
Mac 93, 30, 101B, 49
WB 820

Post by John Poffenbaugh » Wed Sep 07, 2016 8:37 pm

Just wanted to say thanks to Bob and Rob and everyone else who made it possible for another great TBO. We have enjoyed all of them we have been to. Nice to talk with others with the same interest in karting and of course, get some track time. Nice bunch of people to spend a couple days with doing what we like. Thanks again.

John and John II Poffenbaugh

REAR

Post by REAR » Wed Sep 07, 2016 8:43 pm

Terry,

Glad to hear you enjoyed yourself, its always a pleasure having you and your family attending. Little side note on Terry, after repeated tries to make it past the first turn in 4 borrowed karts I finally made it to the 3rd turn when the kart I was driving died. As I was sitting in the grass in disbelief up pulls Terry in one of his super nice Clinton powered Bug karts and proceeds to get out of the kart and offer it to me. As I jumped at the chance to finally make a lap Terry then pushed my broken kart back to the pits. Don't know about you but that's one very generous move from a fellow I'm proud to call a 'friend'. Thanks Terry.

Robert,

Great to see you and your lovely wife Wanda make a return visit and we sure hope you can make it back next year. As a side note for those of you who don't know, Robert's wife Wanda served 3 terms as the Mayor of their home town of Bennetsville South Carolina and she is one classy gal to boot.

John,

Glad you and your son had a good time. The whole premise of karting was 'fun' and nothing is as good as family fun. Thanks for all you did for us this year.

R.E.A.R.

jeff gates
Vintage Karting items owned: "none"

Post by jeff gates » Wed Sep 07, 2016 10:46 pm

Well- I finally made it to TBO. ! I packed up my 1965 Big "E" Rupp Enduro, along with a US820, and a meager collection of kart parts, with the intention of selling it all. Before displaying my goods- I took a walk, to see what folks were getting for their stuff, and I was overwhelmed with friendly advice, good folks, and the sounds and smells of the vintage kart race scene, that I vested twelve years of my youth in. Frankly- I had goosebumps, most of the day. I did'nt even open the back of my truck. Since I returned to the Columbus area, I have been working full bore, on the restoration of my kart,using some of the parts that I got super deals on , at TBO. Thank you for a wonderful day, a great lunch, and the comradeary. Hope you sponsor TBO, for many years to come, as I hope to get some run time, next year, on my restored kart.

Jeff Gates

REAR

Post by REAR » Thu Sep 08, 2016 4:16 pm

Jeff,

Great to hear you enjoyed yourself and better yet you got bitten by the karting bug again.

Don't worry about your kart being pretty or not, at TBO fun is the top priority.

We'll all be there next year, stop by the REAR tent and say "HI".

R.E.A.R.

Rob Voska

Post by Rob Voska » Thu Sep 08, 2016 5:03 pm

A few years back we had an ugly kart contest...... it was some pretty homely looking barn finds.
If you look I'm sure you can find the pictures.