TBO 2016 Equipment Guidelines.

Post all your vintage karting messages here in the General Discussion Forum

Moderator: Rob Voska

REAR

TBO 2016 Equipment Guidelines.

Post by REAR » Tue Aug 23, 2016 7:31 pm

Equipment Guidelines at The Big One 2016

With the Labor Day weekend fast approaching we would like to ask all of you who plan on attending “THE BIG ONE” to take the time and review your personal kart and safety equipment for legality. Your kart must conform to the R.E.A.R. Guidelines. Due to our insurance underwriters, our track owners and the R.E.A.R. Guidelines there can be no exceptions. (NOTE: Rear Engine only karts, American fan cooled 2 cycle engines, skinny hard tires)

It is your responsibility, not ours, to ensure you have a correctly prepared kart. If you bring a kart with the wrong tires, clutch, pipe etc…..you will not be able to participate. If you think something on your kart may be in question……change it or do not bring it. Again there will be no exceptions.
May we also ask that you spread the word on this issue, we are very serious about this.

As for personal equipment, you are required to have a current full face helmet, abrasive resistant jacket or suit, gloves, neck collar, full length pants and closed toe shoes.

We run vintage karts in a very fun non- competitive atmosphere. Come on out and join in the fun.

For more info go to http://www.rearenginekarts.com and check out the parts and resources and guidelines.

Thank You
REAR

Scott Kneisel
Vintage Karting items owned: '63 Rupp Grand Prix, 66 Rupp Chappy, Mc6's, Mc8, Mc10's, Mc20's
Lotsa' other Macs
User Agreement: Yes

Re: TBO 2016 Equipment Guidelines.

Post by Scott Kneisel » Thu Aug 25, 2016 6:42 am

Guys,
I have been coming to TBO for years and know the equipment guidelines so I am good but I cannot find them posted anywhere on the site anymore. They are not in the parts and resources section from what I am seeing.
Can you please let us know where they are posted or add a note summarizing them for anyone new coming to the event.
Thanks,
Scott

REAR

Re: TBO 2016 Equipment Guidelines.

Post by REAR » Thu Aug 25, 2016 4:34 pm

Guidelines are pretty simple.

1972 and older American REAR engine karts [no sidewinders]. Homebuilt replicas O.K.

American fan cooled 2 cycle engines only.

Shoe type clutch only.

Skinny hard tires.

Like we have said since our inception, "Run em the way they Ran em".

If you have any questions or questionable equipment please ask before you bring it because we reserve the right to turn away anything that we deem not to be within the spirit of the event.

R.E.A.R.