TBO update

Post all your vintage karting messages here in the General Discussion Forum

Moderator: Rob Voska

REAR

TBO update

Post by REAR » Tue Aug 16, 2016 5:33 am

Little over 2 weeks till the fun starts so if you plan on attending get those reservations made. The HOTEL thread has all the lodging info you should need but if you have any other questions please feel free to ask and we will do our best to get you the info you need.

We are working overtime on finalizing the last details and everything is coming together very nicely so be prepared to have one heck of a weekend.

Don't forget to bring your 'Bender" its a West Bend tribute this year.

R.E.A.R.

Dick Teal
Vintage Karting items owned: 1959 Mak-Kart, 1960Fox 60L, 1961 Fox (2), 1962 Fox, 1963 Fox, 1964 Fox, Margay New Breed
User Agreement: Yes

Re: TBO update

Post by Dick Teal » Tue Aug 16, 2016 9:08 am

The karts are loaded and ready to run. All have been tuned and tested at New Castle, Brodhead and Quincy. My West Bend trailer display is complete and I have a few poster boards made with 820 information including dimensions for porting with pictures. I also have a one of a kind 820 factory free air on display and two stroker 820's with girdles; I will be running one. Rob & Bob please stop at the trailer and let me know if you want anything at the dinner.

I'm bringing the last of Bob Lapke's stuff and a lot of my stuff to sell. There are 8 large tubs and 7 half tubs that are full; one tub has lots of 820 parts. Should have something for everyone.

We're leaving for Seattle next week but return home on the Monday before TBO; that's why I'm ready. One of my grandsons is getting married and for once the wedding and my health didn't conflict with the event.

Dick

REAR

Re: TBO update

Post by REAR » Wed Aug 17, 2016 5:00 am

Dick,

Great to hear you got your health back and that you will be attending, always look forward to your company.

Your mobile museum will be a great addition to the 'BENDER' theme of this years TBO and everybody is encouraged to stop by and have a look at your collection. Make sure that Frank Weir gets a tour so that he can continue his correspondence showing the world how karting was back in its infancy.

R.E.A.R.