TBO 2016 Hotel Info.

Post all your vintage karting messages here in the General Discussion Forum

Moderator: Rob Voska

REAR

TBO 2016 Hotel Info.

Post by REAR » Thu Aug 04, 2016 5:34 pm

With TBO 2016 just around the corner we would like to offer up some lodging choices for you.

We have tried unsuccessfully again to secure a 'base' hotel for this years participants at THE BIG ONE and for some unforeseen reasons the lodging chains we have contacted have been unwilling to even so much as return our phone calls.

With the lodging situation being what it is we would like to be as helpful to you as possible by offering a list of some of the local lodging facilities along with their contact numbers that you can use to make your lodging reservations [see below]. May we also suggest that you try one of the many on-line discount travel services such as Priceline, Trivago, Travelocity, etc. and see if they can offer you any discounted rates. Please also be reminded that it is always wise to do a web search to make sure your lodging choice is up to your standards.

If we can be of any additional help with your lodging needs please feel free to post any questions you might have and we will try our best to answer them.

Below listed is a partial list of the Fremont area motels for your reference.

Fremont Holiday Inn Express 1-877-859-5095

Hampton Inn 1-855-271 3622

Comfort Inn 1-855-973-7215

Travel Lodge 1-800-257-2297

Clyde Ohio Red Roof inn 1-419-547-6660

On the plus side, we will be returning to Anjulina's Banquet Hall for our traditional Saturday night dinner and awards banquet. Complete directions and GPS coordinates to Anjulina's are listed below.

Anjulina's Catering and Banquet Hall
2270 West Hayes Ave.
Fremont Ohio 43420

DIRECTIONS
When leaving the track at the stop sign at the end of Bartson (that is Hayes Ave.) Turn Right (East). Go down straight thru the light (there is a car wash on the corner) Anjulina's is just past it on your left (tan color building) It's .68 miles from the track. If you go over a set of rail road tracks you went to far.

There's no such thing as 'too early' and we hope this information will aid you in finding your weekend lodging.

R.E.A.R.

Doug Tenney
Vintage Karting items owned: '63 Blitz Barracuda, '62? Blitz, '60 Dart A-Bone, Rob-Ron Dart, '68? Bug, Fantic Broncco
User Agreement: Yes

Re: TBO 2016 Hotel Info.

Post by Doug Tenney » Thu Aug 25, 2016 9:53 am

I'm curious if folks are coalescing around a specific hotel. If anyone has made reservations, chime in.

In the list of hotels, you don't show the Quality Inn. Is that just because it was listed in a separate post?
Is the Quality Inn the same property that served as the TBO hotel for years (next to the Hi-Miler gas station and OH Turnpike)?

We stayed at the Comfort Inn at 840 Sean Dr in Fremont a couple of years ago, and it was nice, and a few miles closer to the track... but I recall it was more expensive.

Looking forward to seeing everyone.
Doug

REAR

Post by REAR » Thu Aug 25, 2016 4:14 pm

Doug,

Many have been staying at the Red Roof Inn in Clyde Ohio and from a personal standpoint it is a very nice motel.

The Red Roof is a few short miles longer drive to the track but its worth it.

Check the new GPS post for driving info and the Motel post for Motel phone numbers.

Hope you and Alex can make it out.

R.E.A.R.

Doug Tenney
Vintage Karting items owned: '63 Blitz Barracuda, '62? Blitz, '60 Dart A-Bone, Rob-Ron Dart, '68? Bug, Fantic Broncco
User Agreement: Yes

Post by Doug Tenney » Sun Aug 28, 2016 3:27 pm

Update:
Alex and I just booked at the Quality Inn for $85/night (+ tax) 9/2 check-in, 9/4 check-out.

(This is the former Clarion that we used for several years.) To get that, I followed the instructions on Rob Voska's post #p16196 (June 18th): I called 419.332.0601, asked for the "REAR Room Rate" and dropped Natalie Snyder-Jones' name. This gal had to click around to find it, but she eventually did.

My preference was the Red Roof based on the previous post (and I could still switch) but on-line prices were $105. (Could I have done better? If so let me know.)

Also online, with no discounts whatsoever (no AAA, no AARP, etc.) I got the following results:
Holiday Inn Express was $145/night avg.
Comfort Inn was $131/night

Doug