Thoughts and Prayers needed

Post all your vintage karting messages here in the General Discussion Forum

Moderator: Rob Voska

REAR

Thoughts and Prayers needed

Post by REAR » Fri May 06, 2016 9:17 pm

Just got word from Charlie Crabbie that Ted Johnson has been admitted to the ICU unit at Tucson Medical Center with a severe case of food poisoning

Ted had his kidney's shut down and his white blood cell count dropped to very low levels. Ted is currently on dialysis.

If you can read this Teddy, hang in there buddy. The whole REAR engine family is pulling for you.

Will post any updates as we receive them.

R.E.A.R.

l brown

Re: Thoughts and Prayers needed

Post by l brown » Sat May 07, 2016 11:06 am

Just wanted to post a correction to the post that indicated that Ted was at TMC, or Tucson Medical Center.

He is actually at UMC, or Universtity Medical Center, here is Tucson.
I spoke to Ted this morning and he is doing okay, but is a bit disoriented but was able to talk for a few minutes.

He is in UMC, and he is in Room 3119. He told me that his sister is staying at his home in Arizona City, so he has family close by.

Larry Brown

REAR

Post by REAR » Sat May 07, 2016 8:08 pm

Larry,

Thank You so much for the update on Ted. Please keep us informed and updated on Ted's condition if you can.

Tell Ted there's a whole lot of people pulling for him to make a complete recovery.

R.E.A.R.

REAR

Post by REAR » Sat May 07, 2016 9:08 pm

9:00 E.S.T. just got a update from Charlie.

Teddy is on his way to a recovery ! Charlie talked to Ted and he sounded good, doctors got his kidneys working and his blood count is getting better.

You just can't keep an old karter down.

R.E.A.R.

Brian Thomas
Vintage Karting items owned: 61 Simplex MKII , 61 Fox Mak , 61 Fox , 67 Lancer,74 Kobra, Gokart 400, Unknown
User Agreement: Yes

Post by Brian Thomas » Mon May 09, 2016 6:16 pm

Get well Ted.
Brian , Dottie and Shadow Thomas
Black Dog Vintage Racing
http://www.blackdogvintageracing.com
If there isn't a Black Dog hair in the bag it's not a Black Dog product
"Black Dog" ask for it by name

l brown

Post by l brown » Mon May 09, 2016 9:23 pm

Spoke to Ted again today, I had planned to visit him but I had an unplanned doctor's visit myself, so will try to see him tomorrow if he is free from tests. He seemed in good spirits and said the the doctor is very upbeat, so that is encouraging him. He sounded like the Ted we all know, and is already talking about running some laps with us in the fall at our small group get together. I told him that I would hold him to that !

He is aware of all the concern about him, and really appreciates it. Thanks to all those who have expressed their best wishes, it means a lot to him.

Larry B.

l brown

Post by l brown » Tue May 10, 2016 4:29 pm

I was one of his friends that have been able visit him in person. He is doing well, and improving, and says he is feeling better and making progress. He is still undergoing dialysis and will continue until their goals are reached. He is getting great care and attention, and his spirits are really raised with all of the contacts he has had from everyone. No timetable yet, but when he improves a bit more, it appears he will be moved to a regular room. I told him I would try and keep everyone on the forum updated, and he was all for that.

Larry B.

REAR

Post by REAR » Tue May 10, 2016 5:24 pm

Larry,

Thank you for the updates, PLEASE keep them coming.

Get well, Teddy.

R.E.A.R.

Rob Voska

Post by Rob Voska » Tue May 10, 2016 6:51 pm

Thanks Larry. Tell him to leave the nurses alone!

l brown

Post by l brown » Wed May 11, 2016 11:01 am

Rob - Keeping Ted from the nurses would be an impossible task. I took notice of how much he enjoys the attention from all of the attentive and attractive nurses. Like most of us old geezers, we are old - not dead, so not admiring pretty women is just not going to happen. I think the nurses actually help him to stay upbeat, and it was sort of fun to be there to see him in action.

- Larry B. -