vintage racing in ct need head count

Post all your vintage karting messages here in the General Discussion Forum

Moderator: Rob Voska

david a luciani
Vintage Karting items owned: gk800 -r1 -gilson excalibar -rupp concept dual,concept,Cheetah ll, panther -Bug
User Agreement: Yes

vintage racing in ct need head count

Post by david a luciani » Fri Feb 08, 2008 9:05 am

Karters on the upper East coast.
I saw a post a while back on one of the sites about vintage racing in ct. Since i live in ct. i checked it out. it seems that an old karting club Tri State Kart Club is looking to expand it's scope. the club will make classes vintage karters in their regular line-up.they require at least three karts to show up to allow them to race. They are serious so we need to be too.
i went to their meeting and confused them with the specs on vintage karts. some of the older members seem to know what i mean but i think to see them would be best. i was very clear that the karts would not be modified in any way for safety specs and would probably have to run as exhibition for the insurance coverage. they were ready to put the vintage stuff in a points rotation but i said that wasn't necessary.
Currently we plan to run a obsolete and possibly vintage classes. we haven't hashed out the details but we'd like to use the vintage guidelines if there's enough to run a class. There's only a basic safety tech so it's a run what you brung kinda thing. of course personal safety gear is mandatory .
the pit fee is 15$ per person and club membership is forty. the private club track is a paved old school track waaaay in the back of a farm (dirt road access). it seems they allow camping but i wasn't clear on that. it's a family oriented club and their schedule reflects that. i believe most racing is on Sunday . test and tunes on saturday with some saturday practices.
If you live on the upper east coast and want to race we need your names asap. The track is just a banked oval 1/8 mile but they've offered to let us have our own class and regular rotation. If nothing else it's a nearby track that'll allow you to fine tune your kart in a venue that's legal. For me i'd be a riot just to thrash a kart around without any blue light fears!!!! if you're interested we'll need to know soon dave
below is their web blurb
http://WWW.tristatekartclub.com
"Tri State Kart Club, the oldest active kart club in New England, offers some of the most competitive kart racing you will ever find, combined with a fun, family atmosphere. Our home track, Pomfret, in Northeast CT, is a 1/8 mile asphalt oval that allows for close, side-by-side racing that puts a premium on driver skill. We offer classes for ages 5 to 75 and welcome both novice and experienced drivers.

In addition, Tri State offers more practice time than you can find anywhere. Our annual membership fee is $40, however, you don't have to be a member to race. You must be a member to be eligible for year-end awards and prizes..

Tri State Kart Club The Ultimate Go-Kart facility Proudly adds another new and exciting track to our Pomfret and Woodstock Fair locations! Join us for some great racing in Downtown Putnam August 12th!"
FOR INFO
below is Kenny's web address he's the big trouble maker and my addy i'm the assistant trouble maker.
Kenny
Fourboltmain3401@aol.com
dave
drottoconndave@aol.com