headcount for vintage playday at Dixon, CA

Post all your vintage karting messages here in the General Discussion Forum

Moderator: Rob Voska

Dean Seavers
Vintage Karting items owned: '66 Chap, '61 Bug Stinger, '61 McCulloch R-1, '60 Go Kart 800, '60 Bug Wasp, '60 Weirdo

headcount for vintage playday at Dixon, CA

Post by Dean Seavers » Thu Feb 07, 2008 2:07 pm

Hey guys (and gals)

We have an opportunity to run our vintage karts at the Dixon kart track in Northern California.

We've been doing the play days at Blue Max in Davis, but I thought it would be fun to mix it up and have a different track to drive on occasionally. I'm looking at setting up a play day on Saturday March 8th, but I'd like to get a head count before I commit with the club. Since they are receptive to having us, I'd like to make sure that we have a good showing in order to make it worth their while. Saturday the 8th works best because it is the last weekend until summer the track is open from 10am to 7 pm. From March 15th until the end of May, the weekend track hours are reduced and they are only open from 3pm to 7pm.

Other than that, I explained how we usually run the play day- having alternating 20 minute sessions between vintage and modern karts. So we should have ample track time if we are out there from 10-7.

We can probably do the same deal as we did with the Turkey Trot- have a potluck BBQ, which at the Dixon track is probably even a better idea since it's in a remote location and nowhere close to food the way Davis is.

If you are interested, please e-mail me at voxnut@hotmail.com so I can decide whether to set the date up or not.

Thanks!
Dean