Lost and Found at last years THE BIG ONE

Post all your vintage karting messages here in the General Discussion Forum

Moderator: Rob Voska

REAR

Lost and Found at last years THE BIG ONE

Post by REAR » Sun Jul 19, 2015 9:30 am

Received a email from a gentlemen named Alvin Webb who attended last years TBO and he stated he left some items at the event and was wondering if anybody had turned them in to us, which no one did. I believe Alvin was pitted close to the small 'scale house' building that you pass as you exit the track.

If you can help Alvin get his goods returned please contact REAR through this site or post some contact info for Alvin to get ahold of you.

Below is Alvin's email to us with his description of the items lost.

Hey Guy's, It appears that I may have left a small cardboard box of MARGAY GEAR RATIOS last year at the track in Fremont, Ohio.

Is there a possibility that someone brought them into your "lost and found" dept? Can't remember exactly how many ratios were in box, eight to ten......all in Margay tins and each ratio had small white paper tags "indicating" the year that I replaced the "needle bearings" in the blocks. One tin will be empty.....8.2 ratio. Reason I'm confident that these items were left there, kart hasn't been out of my trailer since coming home. Both of my karts are on a double kart stacker I had made for just this trip.

THANKS,

Alvin

REAR

Re: Lost and Found at last years THE BIG ONE

Post by REAR » Mon Jul 20, 2015 6:10 am

Additional info from Alvin.

Yes I was pitted and if my memory serves me, I went to my pit area to get that box of ratios and wrench as the 8.0 ratio just seemed clumsey, decided to change to 8.2, which by the way brought my Mac 91 to life. I was over in back of the track entrance in between two buildings. I'm sure that is where I changed the ratio. Too far to just push kart back to pit area. In fact I observed David Luciani about turn his right arm to muscle spasms trying to get 3 Power Products engines started. Would get 2 going then the 3rd one failed or get #3 started then number 1 or 2 would quit.......I really felt sorry for him. Yes I was way of back of David when I changed the ratio.

Don't like to say this, but as I remember that box of ratios was picked up while I was on the track. It's surely my fault for not taking box back to my pit where my wife was positioned helping selling some vintage parts I brought along. I sold a titch over $800.00 which helped me to fund my way back home. This small box had about 8 to 10 tins and was very valuable at other tracks I've visited before coming to Fremont.

Thanks for the response and Ted Johnson is bringing a small box of parts that I'm donating to your cause. I sent this box to Ted before I realized that box was missing.

Thanks again,

Alvin

Someone picked these gears up, lets please get them back to the rightful owner.

R.E.A.R.