Info on vintage kart mall

Post all your vintage karting messages here in the General Discussion Forum

Moderator: Rob Voska

david a luciani
Vintage Karting items owned: gk800 -r1 -gilson excalibar -rupp concept dual,concept,Cheetah ll, panther -Bug
User Agreement: Yes

Info on vintage kart mall

Post by david a luciani » Wed Apr 08, 2015 10:39 am

Hi Guys,
we ain't fooling

Vintage Kart Mall
IS NOW OPEN
we're doing a huge estate sale as a beta test.
very soon the other stores will be opening.

heres the link.
http://vintagekartmall.com/

the backstory
We've been busy in the back round creating a few new venues to increase our visibility on the internet.
We now have a facebook page and a facebook
so far Everything has been to advance Vintage Karting as a fun and accessible hobby.

To that end i decided a couple of years ago to get a internet store together to sell my un- needed parts.
first i did some research and at the time it was gonna cost about 3,000.00 .
so i tabled the idea.

I discussed creating a store with Brian Santee and he agreed to look over what to do and perhaps find a reasonable solution to the cost.
He did find something and has worked pretty hard setting up a store on the net.

Instead of just making a single store it occurred to me we could include others also selling used or Vintage repopped parts.
so Brian expanded what the store can do.
we now can host multiple sellers in stand alone stores grouped in our internet shopping mall.

Our goal is to get as many of the people making and selling vintage kart parts grouped in one easily found and accessible web store.
If we want to grow vintage karting to the next level we need to make finding and purchasing parts alot easier than it is right now.
Many people have said just use ebay as a seller venue.
Ebay is a nice venue but unfortunately their fee system tends to make them a partner in your business rather than a landlord.
Actual ebay costs make small profit items like sticker reproduction almost not worth doing.
With this store we'll be providing a venue with low fixed costs so small items can be reproduced and sold for reasonable cost.

The name of the web store is

http://www.Vintagekartmall.com

cost for sellers:
1. $5.00 per month Web hosting fee.
2. 5% charge on sales deducted automatically.
3. Optional listing fee , many of the people who are skilled at creating things have alot of trouble doing anything on the net.
no problem Brian can post any item for you for a modest fee.
as part of that he will write a description as per your spec and post the pictures you send.
he can also set up the entire store for you if you like including adding your logo button etc etc.

how web site works:

1. Each seller gets a separate store front accessed with a logo button on the Web Malls home page.
2. when the buyer pushes the button he goes to your seller page.
3. the buyer selects items from the index and if he wants to buy it hits a purchase button.
4. the item is then subtracted from your listed stock.
5. when the buyer is done shopping he'll fill out his buyer info and select payment type.
6. payment is made and purchase order, payment details and shipping label info is sent to seller.
7. seller ships item

the vender gets paid through his store.

so :
1. customer fills out checkout info
2. shipping gets added
3.customer chooses payment method
a. paypal
b. money order

if it's paypal it's an instant payment to the store owner.
the mall will automatically deduct the 5% from sale total.
shipping label sent to store owner.
if the seller allows for shipping cost adjustment it will get refunded through paypal.

on money orders parts are held till payment made.
label gets sent to seller automatically.
mall 5% gets billed at months end.
parts shipped when payment clears.

anyway that's it for now.
any question feel free to contact me here or at http://www.vintagekarts.com/forum

dave