Post all your vintage karting messages here in the General Discussion Forum

Moderator: Rob Voska

Gary Wlodarsky
Vintage Karting items owned: Hornet SS, Dual Hornet
Expert II , Invader single and a dual, Rupp 301D,
User Agreement: Yes

Re: Dart Kart by SEARS ?????

Post by Gary Wlodarsky » Mon Mar 16, 2015 8:17 am

Rob Voska wrote:Petals are Fox style. Look at the hole size they show correctly.

petals???...you must be thinking flowers er something..

gw

Scott Elkes
Vintage Karting items owned: McCulloch Mc92
User Agreement: Yes

Post by Scott Elkes » Tue Mar 24, 2015 9:46 am

Buddies and I regularly rode our bikes to the nearby Sears store. Real kart shops were too far for us for regular visits. I don't recall seeing a Dart kart version or Macs and WBs displayed at the Sears store, but could have forgotten about it--I bought all my kart racing items from the local kart shops. I wonder if this was only a catalog item?

REAR

Post by REAR » Wed Mar 25, 2015 6:11 am

Don't remember seeing karts at Sears on the floor either but I seem to remember a fellow telling me that his dad took him down to their local outlet store and purchased a Power Products.

I know JC Penny had mini-bikes on the floor because I used to walk over from the grocery store where my parents were shopping and go drool all over them every saturday morning.

R.E.A.R.

ted johnson

Post by ted johnson » Wed Mar 25, 2015 7:25 am

Wasn't it our friend, Jack Canady, whose first AH58 came from Sears? One of my girlfriends worked at Monkey Wards in Melbourne, Florida. They always had a couple of karts in the sporting goods department. She worked there at the time when you could order obsolete engines for less than half price. I seem to remember Homelite KL-100's for about $39.95! Ted