Before and After

Post all your vintage karting messages here in the General Discussion Forum

Moderator: Rob Voska

Dominic Salvato
Vintage Karting items owned: Caretta's, Darts, Lancers, Bug, Cates, Customs, Margay
User Agreement: Yes

Before and After

Post by Dominic Salvato » Fri Jan 16, 2015 3:01 am

After buying these things and having them sent to Alaska, I daydream about going to the Big One.
I work on them with paint stripper and SOS pads mostly. I've gone as far as to spend thousands on parts, just to sell them later.
Posting pictures and a cruise around a parking lot a few months out of the summer is the extent of my participation in our sport.
But it's enough.

*Hope no one minds if I post some of the before's and after's.
Last edited by Dominic Salvato on Mon Feb 09, 2015 5:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dominic Salvato
Vintage Karting items owned: Caretta's, Darts, Lancers, Bug, Cates, Customs, Margay

Re: Before and After

Post by Dominic Salvato » Fri Jan 16, 2015 3:17 am

The Cates took awhile due to the difficulty in first searching then having a mag wheel repaired.
Last edited by Dominic Salvato on Sat Feb 14, 2015 5:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Dominic Salvato

Post by Dominic Salvato » Fri Jan 16, 2015 4:07 am

This one needed more then an SOS pad.
Last edited by Dominic Salvato on Mon Feb 09, 2015 4:56 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Dominic Salvato

Post by Dominic Salvato » Fri Jan 16, 2015 4:19 am

Knowing the right guy's is very important. Spent many a dollar on the learning curve.
Last edited by Dominic Salvato on Sat Feb 14, 2015 5:41 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Dominic Salvato

Post by Dominic Salvato » Fri Jan 16, 2015 4:50 am

Hated selling this one. Hayes's cages in Spokane made up a perfect set of Caretta pin-drive hubs.
Last edited by Dominic Salvato on Mon Feb 09, 2015 5:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dominic Salvato

Post by Dominic Salvato » Fri Jan 16, 2015 5:05 am

Mike Berg gave me another chance to own a VI-E. He advertized here for a Pro-X. I had one so we swapped.

Dominic Salvato

Post by Dominic Salvato » Fri Jan 16, 2015 5:16 am

It was a nice Pro-X. Mike sent me a fresh Mac-8 after he got the Pro-X. It wasn't part of the original deal.
It was appreciated very much.

Dominic Salvato

Post by Dominic Salvato » Fri Jan 16, 2015 5:35 am

This one was a waste of money. It had been hacked on so bad, it would have been cheaper to start over.
I threw some money at it in shortening the porch and removing all the extra braces, but gave up. I sold the wheels, pedals and threw in the chassis and tanks.
Had an original steering hoop installed.
Last edited by Dominic Salvato on Fri Jan 16, 2015 8:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Dominic Salvato

Post by Dominic Salvato » Fri Jan 16, 2015 5:43 am

The Dart GP cost? $75

The Chaparral just needs some of the gauges removed. It's more of an After-After purchase.

After buying the Meyers Lancer and storing it at my Mom's in Vancouver Wn, I sold it without shipping it to Alaska.

The Caretta was solid black. Just took the paint off the louvers. When I sold it, the rear Go Pwers hadn't arrived yet. Had to send them on later.
Last edited by Dominic Salvato on Fri Jan 16, 2015 8:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Dominic Salvato

Post by Dominic Salvato » Fri Jan 16, 2015 5:50 am

Speaking of before and after....it's sad when your car looks better when your not in it!
Last edited by Dominic Salvato on Tue Jun 30, 2015 10:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.