Our Tucson get-together

Post all your vintage karting messages here in the General Discussion Forum

Moderator: Rob Voska

ted johnson

Our Tucson get-together

Post by ted johnson » Wed Nov 12, 2014 10:26 pm

Well, we did our two fundays at P1 Musselman Honda Circuit Monday and yesterday. Just a handful of us, but we had a blast, and ran a lot of laps. Dean Kanocz manned the grill for us and cooked food that a big-city joint would be proud of. We hope to do it again in the Spring. I'll be sore for days! Ted

Ronald Carbaugh
Vintage Karting items owned: Xterminator
Mak Kart
User Agreement: Yes

Re: Our Tucson get-together

Post by Ronald Carbaugh » Thu Nov 13, 2014 8:02 pm

Ted, thanks for the update and I wish I could have been there to enjoy the Fun with the Real Guys of Karting. Thanks for the update and take care....little cold weather coming.

ted johnson

Re: Our Tucson get-together

Post by ted johnson » Thu Nov 13, 2014 9:18 pm

Ron, youlda been mighty welcome! All the single 100cc karts ran great. Pruit Ginsberg had some carb issues with one of the '91's on his dual Lancer, and Dean Kanocz had a dripping carb on his 580 five port on his unrestored Go Kart Big Bear mini bike, but that was the sum total of problems. I love my Bonbright 610 more every time I run it. You can put on your gear, start the engine and take your time getting aboard. Pruit and Dean are both better drivers than I am, but the kart is as fast as theirs. I'm improving! Come see us. I sat at Ron Cubels today and played with the cat for an hour. He's excited about Sue's success on the World Formula Birel. Later! Ted