Hotel Consensus? Any Tips for Procrastinators?

Post all your vintage karting messages here in the General Discussion Forum

Moderator: Rob Voska

Doug Tenney
Vintage Karting items owned: '63 Blitz Barracuda, '62? Blitz, '60 Dart A-Bone, Rob-Ron Dart, '68? Bug, Fantic Broncco
User Agreement: Yes

Hotel Consensus? Any Tips for Procrastinators?

Post by Doug Tenney » Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:12 am

I'm a slug; I still need to make hotel reservations. I'd REALLY prefer to stay where everyone else smells like 2-stroke exhaust too. Informal pole: where are you folks going to stay?

Last year we stayed at the Comfort Inn & Suites, 840 Sean Drive, Fremont OH 43420, 419-355-9300. It's just north of Rt 6/Rt 20, directly across from the Burger King on Rt 53. It was nice.

Looking forward to seeing everyone again!

Doug Tenney
Vintage Karting items owned: '63 Blitz Barracuda, '62? Blitz, '60 Dart A-Bone, Rob-Ron Dart, '68? Bug, Fantic Broncco

Re: Hotel Consensus? Any Tips for Procrastinators?

Post by Doug Tenney » Wed Aug 20, 2014 3:51 pm

OK, in case anyone cares, myself and at least one other REAR dude have booked rooms at the Red Roof Inn in Clyde, OH, 1-855-873-6562. There are reportedly seven more rooms available. I wasn't able to get the Red Roof guy to budge on price: $104/night.

I'm still curious to hear where other folks are staying, and if anyone has been able to get a special rate. (Last year Dave L somehow managed to do that.)

REAR

Post by REAR » Wed Aug 20, 2014 4:28 pm

Doug,

We have always prided ourselves on trying to find affordable lodging for our guests but this year we were stonewalled by every hotel we talked to. Virtually no one wanted to offer a room rate package or deal to us. All we can figure is they know the Clarion is still closed and lodging is therefore limited in the area so they are pretty much charging what they can.

Good to hear you found a room and you won't be disapointed with the Clyde Red Roof.

See you in a few...R.E.A.R.

Tom Perry
Vintage Karting items owned: 1961 Fox

Post by Tom Perry » Wed Aug 20, 2014 6:00 pm

REAR wrote:Doug,

We have always prided ourselves on trying to find affordable lodging for our guests but this year we were stonewalled by every hotel we talked to. Virtually no one wanted to offer a room rate package or deal to us. All we can figure is they know the Clarion is still closed and lodging is therefore limited in the area so they are pretty much charging what they can.

Good to hear you found a room and you won't be disapointed with the Clyde Red Roof.

See you in a few...R.E.A.R.

The clarion has been refurbished and is now open as a Quality Inn. It started to accept reservations as of Aug 14th. I have a king single bed reserved for $98 a night. pictures look good... we will see ?

see you all next week,
Tom

REAR

Post by REAR » Thu Aug 21, 2014 5:41 am

Tom,

Thats the latest news to us and good news for all.

See you shortly.

R.E.A.R.

Doug Tenney

Post by Doug Tenney » Fri Aug 22, 2014 9:00 pm

Gary, make sure you're sitting down... According to the lady I just spoke with at the Quality Inn:
1) The new owners have reopened NEITHER the bar NOR the restaurant, and do not plan to.
2) They DO have free "hot breakfast" in the morning. She said that means "pancakes and waffles, but
I'm not sure if they have eggs."
3) If you book now the rate is $110/night for one bed, or $120 for two beds, not counting any discounts
(e.g., AARP or AAA).
4) She wouldn't say how full they were, which probably means they're not.

I figured what the heck and booked a room, and will cancel either this or my Red Roof reservation, depending on what I hear back from you guys...

REAR

Post by REAR » Sat Aug 23, 2014 8:15 pm

Check with these folks because they may be offering a revised rate. Tell them you want a room for the REAR vintage kart event, they may be able to help get you a better rate. No promises but it never hurts to ask.

R.E.A.R.

Scott Kneisel
Vintage Karting items owned: '63 Rupp Grand Prix, 66 Rupp Chappy, Mc6's, Mc8, Mc10's, Mc20's
Lotsa' other Macs

Post by Scott Kneisel » Sun Aug 24, 2014 1:50 pm

Sam Polito and I have been booked at the Red Roof since June, have not found a better deal that the $99 per night that we got.

Doug Tenney

Post by Doug Tenney » Thu Aug 28, 2014 7:31 am

Red Roof it is.