!!!! TBO 2014 MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENT !!!!

Post all your vintage karting messages here in the General Discussion Forum

Moderator: Rob Voska

REAR

!!!! TBO 2014 MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENT !!!!

Post by REAR » Thu Mar 06, 2014 8:16 pm

In keeping with R.E.A.R.s time honored tradition of promoting and preserving the machines that defined Kartings early years we are going to fire up the time machine and go all the way back to day one and highlight the machines known as 'Dead Axles' or what some call 'One Wheel Peelers' at the 2014 running of THE BIG ONE.

This added special segment of this years TBO dedicated to the founding iron from Kartings infancy will be held in addition to all of the usual activities you've come to expect and enjoy at THE BIG ONE however it will feature a separate 'show' competiton along with special tribute hot laps sessions each day featuring Lemans starts.

All participating karts in this segment must be era correct [kart and engine] in a single or dual engine configurations powering a single rear wheel or dual rear wheels independently of the other wheel with a recoil starting systems plus all karts will be required to make at least one lap, weather its the machines first lap in a long time or the last lap of its lifetime.

Head on out to your shop, barn, basement, or wherever you have that timeless classic hiding and start your preparation now because its going to be 1956 again before you know it.

See you all Labor Day weekend.

R.E.A.R.

Mike Anderson
Vintage Karting items owned: SAE karts (2)
Rathman xterminator (3)
margay cheetah dual (1)
Blackstone Special (1)
User Agreement: Yes

Re: !!!! TBO 2014 MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENT !!!!

Post by Mike Anderson » Fri Mar 07, 2014 7:41 am

I will be there, Blackstone special ready to peel. HaHa Should be fun.
Later Mike

REAR

Post by REAR » Sat Mar 08, 2014 9:50 am

Mike,

Glad to hear your on board. The response to this so far have been very good.

Spread the word...this is going to be cool !

R.E.A.R.

quentin haines

Post by quentin haines » Sat Mar 08, 2014 10:27 am

This is a great idea! The earliest karts--the "dead axles"--are the ones I love the best powered by the motors I love the best--the Clintons and West Bends. Hats off to you. I hope to be there. Quentin

Chris Marchand
Vintage Karting items owned: to daggone many

Post by Chris Marchand » Sat Mar 08, 2014 8:40 pm

The Putt Nik race team equipped with the awesome and powerfull Clintons will be there , you guys should be skeered ! ha ha ha

roger santee

Post by roger santee » Sun Mar 09, 2014 4:55 pm

Sounds like I better get started on Put-Nik.

Chris Marchand
Vintage Karting items owned: to daggone many

Post by Chris Marchand » Sun Mar 09, 2014 8:27 pm

Yea Roger , YOUR WIFE is riding that at Avon getting it ready for TBO so you oughta get movin , ha ha ha .

Dominic Salvato
Vintage Karting items owned: Caretta's, Darts, Lancers, Bug, Cates, Customs, Margay

Post by Dominic Salvato » Tue Mar 11, 2014 12:10 pm

I'm ready..................*of course you have to overlook the V-5 part of my Bender.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b0aMKku3ErM

REAR

Post by REAR » Tue Mar 11, 2014 8:24 pm

Dominic,

If you can make it over we'll just have to overlook that V5.

Seems there were quite a few engines opinions that were run during the Dead Axles days and we will be staying with the American fan cooled engine formula. Engines from Clinton, Pre 820-610 West Bends, Power Products, Homelite, and even the first McCulloch [Mc10] were run in the one wheel configuration at one time or another so we'll allow them to participate. As stated earlier these engine must also be able to recoil start.

Remember folks this segment is not about all out speed, its about preserving and viewing the machines that turned the first laps of the hobby in real time and big horsepower is not needed and won't get any bonus points.

R.E.A.R.

steve miller
Vintage Karting items owned: simplex,rupps,fox,putt nik,go kart 1600,alley cat ,hellcat,mcculloch,hornett,moss..

Post by steve miller » Fri Mar 14, 2014 6:21 am

i put alot of laps on my dead axle mono kart with twin P/P 81,s last sept at fremont ..

this yr. i plan on bringing the dead axle gopher kart that has twin mc10,s ..with my special made left side drive mcculloch ..