Issue numbers at events

Post all your vintage karting messages here in the General Discussion Forum

Moderator: Rob Voska

REAR

Re: Issue numbers at events

Post by REAR » Fri Dec 06, 2013 2:56 pm

Just alittle F.Y.I.

Each year we mention at the drivers meeting that we have free name tags available at the REAR tent and we ask that everyone stops by and get one so everyone will know who they are. Some do and some don't.

R.E.A.R.

Jeff Campbell
Site Admin
Vintage Karting items owned: 1961 Fox Go-Boy MC20's
Robron Chaparral dual MC101
Margay Cheetah MKIII

Post by Jeff Campbell » Sat Dec 07, 2013 11:26 am

the best way to find out who is in the photos, is to come to the event and meet everyone!

many Karters do share their Karts- so the driver can not always be identified by the kart number. I guess a sheet could be placed near the grid for voluntary sign in of Kart #, name, make, model, etc... but probably only 10% would sign in. If someone wants to make up sheets, I would be glad to scan and post them on the website. Just keep in mind that Rob and Bob have enough to do already, and we cannot congest registration at the front gate with these sheets.

Brian Thomas
Vintage Karting items owned: 61 Simplex MKII , 61 Fox Mak , 61 Fox , 67 Lancer,74 Kobra, Gokart 400, Unknown
User Agreement: Yes

Post by Brian Thomas » Sun Dec 08, 2013 7:51 am

((I think Brian posted this on the wrong thread. Brian move it & I'll kill this one.

Done

OOPS
Last edited by Brian Thomas on Wed Dec 11, 2013 6:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Brian , Dottie and Shadow Thomas
Black Dog Vintage Racing
http://www.blackdogvintageracing.com
If there isn't a Black Dog hair in the bag it's not a Black Dog product
"Black Dog" ask for it by name

Rob Voska

Post by Rob Voska » Sun Dec 08, 2013 11:56 am

Hard to recognize some of these guys by pictures..... they are at least 40 years older than they act and the camera adds at least 10 to 150 lbs.

ted johnson

Post by ted johnson » Sun Dec 08, 2013 6:20 pm

C'mon, Rob! TBO gives us old fat fools something to look forward to each Labor Day weekend. A great chance to get away from the day-to-day life and be a kid again. Just because we have to modify the steering wheel position on our karts in order to fit the thing, and run an A-400 instead of the fire-breathing stroker 820 we ran in '63, it still feels the same out on the track as it did back then. It's only when we're trying to get OUT of the darn kart that we realize we're not 16 years old again. The banquet just extends the good feeling a couple more hours. Thanks to you and to Bob for the couple extra good days each year!
BTW, if those name tags had the same glue on the back as do the pit passes, they wouldn't fall off! Man, once that pit pass is on there, showers, rain, grease, sweat nor pulling will get 'em off! TJ

REAR

Post by REAR » Sun Dec 08, 2013 7:21 pm

Talked to a guy the other day who wanted to trade me a homemade tattoo gun for a 91. Maybe there is a easy answer to this identity problem. LOL!!

Merry Christmas...R.E.A.R.

Dominic Salvato
Vintage Karting items owned: Caretta's, Darts, Lancers, Bug, Cates, Customs, Margay

Post by Dominic Salvato » Wed Dec 11, 2013 3:01 am

It's important in our sport to find ways of cutting people in. By identifying the next generation of people keeping this sport alive is as important as documenting the history of our sport itself.
Taking a little extra time now means everything down the road to future generations driving Darts, Lancers, Bug's, Fox's, Cates and my beloved Caretta's.

Rob Voska

Post by Rob Voska » Wed Dec 11, 2013 7:43 am

Not gunna happen. How many hit miss engines do you have? Model T's? Horse carriages? Sure certain people love that stuff but they are turnig back to dust........... The current generation is into Xbox & virtual not physical things that are not around long enough to even have a history.

Dominic Salvato
Vintage Karting items owned: Caretta's, Darts, Lancers, Bug, Cates, Customs, Margay

Post by Dominic Salvato » Thu Dec 12, 2013 3:20 pm

I don't know Rob. I fire up the old kart and kids come from everywhere. If the prices weren't so high I'd let them all take it for a ride.
I'm thinking about a sidewinder with a potato digger just for the kids in the neighborhood to run.

They're just like us, adrenalin junkies.