FUN DAY is a GO !!!!

Post all your vintage karting messages here in the General Discussion Forum

Moderator: Rob Voska

REAR

FUN DAY is a GO !!!!

Post by REAR » Fri Jul 05, 2013 9:19 pm

The rain that has been in the area the last few days has stopped and the track and the pits are in pretty good shape so the FUN DAY set for tomorrow is a go provided we don't get a over abundance of rain this evening. Its 9:00 now and all is clear.

We will post another update tomorrow morning at 7:00 est. so please check back in the morning before you head out.

R.E.A.R

REAR

Re: FUN DAY is a GO !!!!

Post by REAR » Sat Jul 06, 2013 6:58 am

No rain last night so the FUN DAY is a GO !!!!

See you at the track. Gates open at 10:00 but no hurry, you'll have all day to run, eat, B.S. etc. See you there.

R.E.A.R.

stan wauthier
Vintage Karting items owned: a couple of karts
User Agreement: Yes

Post by stan wauthier » Sat Jul 06, 2013 7:54 pm

Way more than just a fun day - more like a mini TBO. It was great to see everyone, Plenty of track time, and we didn't even break anything! Thanks to all who brought food, and special thanks to Gary for volunteering his grilling skills.
Health Warning: These posts may contain traces of nut.
Having a blast enjoying the past,
¡sıɥʇ ǝʞı1 dn puǝ ʇ,uop ǝʍ buıʎɐɹd puɐ
Best Regards,
Stan

Gary Wlodarsky
Vintage Karting items owned: Hornet SS, Dual Hornet
Expert II , Invader single and a dual, Rupp 301D,
User Agreement: Yes

Post by Gary Wlodarsky » Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:27 am

Stan,,,,

Man are you correct,, ""more like a mini TBO""...we were expecting 10-15 guys,, I think there was over 30 guys and karts attending...as always, a great time, with great people....I didn't bring enough food for that many,, had to make an emergency run to the local meat market...a lot of guys brought burgers, brats cookies, misc...thank John Berkey and his family for supplying the grill and corn...

there is already talk of another get together around the 1st week in OCT,,,,just after TBO,,,..hummm, clam bake time!!!!

Gary

Rob Voska

Post by Rob Voska » Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:02 pm

Had a great time. Jeff brought the loudest kart with his AH82 but soon found out it only likes to turn left. When he turns right the engine dies. Gary was better behind the grill than behind the wheel. Chris got his twin running very well..... well better than the driver anyways. Lots of karts, lots of laps, got to ride my 1958 Hancock Diesel & the wheels stayed on much better than the modern kart guy that lost his. Saw my first broken Yamaha piston skirt. Pearl brought 3 karts & the Nagel's were an event to themselves. We got lucky as I foudn out that the rain was to the east of us all afternoon. Nagles flushed out about half their karts when the rain came..... I'm sure they got soaked loading up. Hope everyone had a safe ride home.