Be Very Careful

Post all your vintage karting messages here in the General Discussion Forum

Moderator: Rob Voska

Rob Voska

Be Very Careful

Post by Rob Voska » Sat Jun 01, 2013 5:50 pm

There is a a seller on ebay by the name of " allsalesasispal". BE VERY CAREFUL in dealing with him. He takes peictures that don't disclose any damage, mismatched parts etc....... consider this your warning!

Sterling Brundick
Vintage Karting items owned: 1961 Mantis
1982 - 83 Margay Bandito
Margay Panther
User Agreement: Yes

Re: Be Very Careful

Post by Sterling Brundick » Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:00 pm

Thanks Rob. I hope you did not get burned too bad. Sterling

Rob Voska

Post by Rob Voska » Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:31 pm

He is an old known devil in the community. I just got a cheezy Palmini header from his fuzzy one sided pictures.... others have been burned for OH OH OH so much more..... but I don't want to speak for them. Lets just say YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

Russ Smith
Vintage Karting items owned: 59 BugWasp; 60 GoKart800; Simplex: 60 MKII, 62 MKVI; 69 BugStinger; 67 LilIndian Minibike.

Post by Russ Smith » Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:02 am

He currently has a few more "bargains" listed on eBay.........for anyone who is a sucker for punishment.

ken moss
Vintage Karting items owned: hornet marauder III, 61/62Hoffco interceptor, 61 bug Stinger, 74 bug wasp, Red devil RD2

Post by ken moss » Wed Jun 05, 2013 4:55 pm

He has a 100% ebay rating I dont know how I have bought some things from the frist few Items I got where NOS items and he packed them well. then I got 2 piles of engine parts Listed as rebiuldable the blocks where good one STD the other +.010 but the chanks and rods where JUNK one the PTO was broken off the other was rusted real bad same with the rods. Ken

Michael Burke

Post by Michael Burke » Thu Jun 06, 2013 8:19 pm

I don't know if it's just luck, but I've bought things from Bob for many years and I have never gotten a bad part. Everything I have purchased has been as described or in many cases better than described. I started buying from him back when he was getting lots of bad posts about his sales. I emailed him and said I was concerned about the feedback, but that I'd rather decide for myself. The first part I bought was in good condition and I continue to buy from him based on those results. A few years ago I was able to get a great condition twin 101 powered Blackhawk at well below normal market value because others were avoiding his Ebay auctions. I pulled the engines after I got the kart and the motors were as fresh as he said they were. He was helpful in getting it shipped to So Cal for me. Based on my past experiences I'll keep buying from him. I hope others have as much success with his items as I have.

Michael

jmendoza
Vintage Karting items owned: Dart A-Bone, HumBug, Macs and a Blender, Panthers.

Post by jmendoza » Fri Jun 07, 2013 2:09 pm

I have purchased several items including a MC-91A from this seller. The engine was not pristine, but for $125.00, it was a buy-it-now deal, and a is now rebuilt and one of the nicer engines I own. My opinion is this seller offers low priced deals on some of his items which are tired, and in need of TLC, and in certain instances, there may be some issues with the condition, but at the prices he asks, it is still a good deal.

He used to be : allsaleasisjackhole, remember? I think his eBay name is fair enough warning, so this is a buyer beware type of situation. Remember however, that goes with the territory on eBay, so it's par for the course.

Gordon Duax
Vintage Karting items owned: Lots!

Post by Gordon Duax » Fri Jun 07, 2013 5:00 pm

I have bought 2 items from him, several months apart, and both have the same story,
Win the item, pay him, 2 days later he posts that it has shipped, but no tracking info,
then wait 10 days, and when it doesn't show up, I send a message asking about where the item is, and I get a simple 'It's shipped',
followed a few days later by 'Oh, I shipped it to the wrong address, I'll get it resent'.
Then it shows up a few days later.
Personally, I think it's BS, but I have received both items eventually.

steveohara
Vintage Karting items owned: 1969 Bug Sprint Mc 91B1
1965 Dart Gran Prix twin Mc100s
1963 Bug Scorpion ESll Mc45

Post by steveohara » Mon Jun 10, 2013 4:19 am

A local guy calls me up one day and says he bought a Mc 92 off ebay from the seller who is the topic of this thread and it was advertised as freshly rebuilt but it won't run and wants help to get it going. He brings it over and we try to fire it and it won't start so I say let's remove it from the kart and check it over.
First thing I notice is that the engine has the small seal in the PTO side so it can't be a Mc 92.I have tell him he has a motor with a 92 sticker but the block is a 91B. Next we look in the exhaust port and I can see a pocket in the side of the piston so I have to tell him that the piston is an old version like used in the Mc 45 or older models and the bearings tend to fail. We turn the motor over and I tell him it sure seems like the piston moves around a lot in the bore... let's remove the head and see what we have so the head is removed and I point out it has a 3/8" deep thread for the spark plug which is also an older less desirable part from an older engine. With the head off it is obvious the piston is way too small so we go to remove the stuffer so we can take the piston out and when we get the mount plate off we see a side plate screw is sticking through the side of the stuffer! OK, no big deal... we proceed to take the piston out and discover that the connecting rod has a mismatched cap and someone has ground the mating surfaces of the two pieces flat so it would bolt together and still make a close to round hole!!! The piston is not a 9 port type so the boost ports will get no feed.
We measure the piston and the bore and the engine has around .020" clearance and the piston is from an early model that has no ring pins so it would have destroyed the block if it had run as soon as a ring rotated around to let one end hang in the wide 91B exhaust port.
There were numerous other minor defects as I recall but the big let down was that the engine needed a new piston and a new rod... both expensive parts in order to make it run.
At the time, I had seen one of the motors Jay bought from the same seller that had similar problems so it was clear that the seller was making a habit of selling engines that were not as advertised.
Some parts are low risk purchases on a "what you see it what you get" basis but I would never buy an engine from someone with the kind of track record the seller in question has.
Maybe he just doesn't have a clue about engines and is innocent of malice in selling basket case engines but I kind of doubt that is the case.
I joint the chorus.... let the buyer beware!
Steve O'Hara

david a luciani
Vintage Karting items owned: gk800 -r1 -gilson excalibar -rupp concept dual,concept,Cheetah ll, panther -Bug

Post by david a luciani » Thu Jun 13, 2013 2:47 pm

i've bought a few bits from him before.
mostly low priced items that weren't gonna break the bank.
he is the KING of taking pictures that show his parts to the 'good side".
he also is really slippery with his descriptions and more than once i've found that out after part arrives.

IMO he is what he is a reseller that occasionally gets good stuff sometimes bad stuff.
what he has at that moment will determine what kind of a deal and the quality you get, sometimes good sometimes a waste of postage.
i don't think he's clueless i figure he's just out to make a quick profit.

at any rate he does find stuff so for that at least you gotta give him a little credit.
theres an awful lot of time required to hunt out the hidden stashes.
with him when i see something way cheaper i take a chance.
if you're looking for a quality part you'd be better off paying extra to a know "good" seller.

dave