Be Very Careful

Post all your vintage karting messages here in the General Discussion Forum

Moderator: Rob Voska

ted johnson

Re: Be Very Careful

Post by ted johnson » Thu Jun 13, 2013 7:52 pm

He had some rings on eBay with vague descriptions, and when I queried him as to their exact condition, his answer was to the effect that his ad "didn't say that they were NOS". I got in touch with Stan Thompson, and he has a set of NOS Mac Wiseco rings that'll fit the West Bend, and the price is right. Can't beat dealing with the vintage crowd on the forums! Ted

Jeff Campbell
Site Admin
Vintage Karting items owned: 1961 Fox Go-Boy MC20's
Robron Chaparral dual MC101
Margay Cheetah MKIII

Post by Jeff Campbell » Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:33 am

People can change, or clean up their act ... but if bad deals are still going down with this guy, as Rob stated, be very careful.

I was warned a few yeas back, but had purchased a lot of great stuff at low prices from this guy, so I wanted to believe everyone was wrong. Then I bought a "MC6" engine .. which came with a saw crank, a saw block re-stamped "MC6" with a finger print in the yellow paint covering the re-stamping (a rather crude fake attempt, LOL !!!). When I questioned this seller, he said I could return it for another motor he had ... so I shipped it off with delivery confirmation ... delivery was confirmed, but he claimed he never received it ! After reporting the guy for mail fraud (it was investigated, feds do take these things seriously) and reporting him to Ebay and Paypal .... he still did not make good on the deal, in the end Paypal refunded my purchase since I had delivery confirmation proof. After that ordeal, he changed his ebay name to "AllSalesAsIsAsshole", then he toned it down to "AllSalesAsIsPal" ... a statement like that should be warning enough.

Lesson learned: be careful when people suggest so here, always return items with at least delivery confirmation, and buy using Paypal.

Mark Loraine
Vintage Karting items owned: ProX 77,McC R1,Bug Stinger Dual.
User Agreement: Yes

Post by Mark Loraine » Mon Jun 24, 2013 7:13 pm

I see he's move his location but still in Pa. He skunked me on a 58128 McC crank years ago, turned out to have a turned undersized rod journal and It wasn't discovered in time to do anything about it, but I didn't forget, I know Jeff got hosed by this FRAUD, as for me, never again with this Alpha Hotel!