Moderator: Rob Voska

Rob Voska

Ted Johnson you got an email virus

Post by Rob Voska » Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:14 pm

FIX IT NOW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock:

ted johnson

Re: Ted Johnson you got an email virus

Post by ted johnson » Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:14 pm

Hey, Rob, we're trying. It's some kind of "bot" that isn't detectable by antivirus. I keep changing my email password, but they keep finding a way to send crap. Sorry. TJ

Rob Voska

Post by Rob Voska » Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:55 pm

I got about 10-12 from you today.......

ted johnson

Post by ted johnson » Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:18 pm

Sis just tried a trick Ron told us about. We'll see if it works. TJ

Sterling Brundick
Vintage Karting items owned: 1961 Mantis
1982 - 83 Margay Bandito
Margay Panther
User Agreement: Yes

Post by Sterling Brundick » Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:22 pm

So did I. Got some last week too. I never open them, just delete them.

Scott Elkes
Vintage Karting items owned: McCulloch Mc92
User Agreement: Yes

Post by Scott Elkes » Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:41 am

Sterling Brundick wrote:So did I. Got some last week too. I never open them, just delete them.
Better yet. If truly a SPAM or nuisance mail that you have ABSOLUTELY no interest in receiving, instead of delete, place in your SPAM, or similar, folder (placed there from your email provider). This will allow the eMail application to filter future emails from this source and allow it to build intelligence to filter similar emails directly into the spam folder. You do need to check the spam folder now and then to assure it is doing the filtering properly and rescue and drag into the "in" folder those you still want to receive.

Ted, Anti-Virus program.. Do you have the latest updates or contacted your anti-virus provider?

Scott

ted johnson

Post by ted johnson » Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:29 am

I think we've got things under control. I tell my friends never to open an email with "Hi" or "Hello" in the subject line. I DO NOT have a "contacts" list, so whatever program they're using is digging out addresses from my old emails in my inbox. I went thru and deleted all of these yesterday as well. I have AVAST antivirus. Prior experience with Norton, AVG and Microsoft has shown that AVAST is better. I ran Microsoft antivirus a couple days ago, and it found zero viruses. AVAST found none either. Hoping the decoy email address/name that Ron C. provided yesterday will divert their program. My Sis is a retired System Admin. from Hewlett Packard, and even she has no clue as to what's going on. My computer repair guy doesn't either. TJ