Tell me a little more about the Mc 102

Post all your vintage karting messages here in the General Discussion Forum

Moderator: Rob Voska

mcbob
Vintage Karting items owned: Everything Mac but a Kart but who know's ?

Tell me a little more about the Mc 102

Post by mcbob » Thu Jan 10, 2008 1:59 am

I know this story has a few deep scars attached to it but i'd like to know a little more did this Mac engine ever see the light of day and was it a continuation of the 101 in a more advanced state ??

I would love to see a few pic's of the 102 if they were ever taken ...............

Mc Bob.

REAR

Re: Tell me a little more about the Mc 102

Post by REAR » Thu Jan 10, 2008 8:06 am

Bob,

The following is what can only be pieced together from the accounts and experiences of many of the innocent victims of this hoax so hold on because this is one wild ugly ride.

The beloved Mc102 was the brainchild of two men who met in Vegas who had a scam to change the history of karting. Wish I could name names but I share the sentiment of many others and I can only say that I cannot rememeber nor do I care to remember these two because they are not worth mentioning. Bottonline is they left karting with nothing but a black eye and a lot of peoples hard earned money.

Now, back to the story. Seems these two people decided that they were going to get rich by one of them making a modern version of a old engine, what ever that is and the other was going to run some type of association that would let it run. However both never really had any good intentions besides bilking innocent karters out of membership dues and down payments on a engine that was never going to be produced. There is a paper trail somewhere to this but the reality is all the paper [moola] is mysteriously missing even though some still active in the sport today know of its whereabouts. Go figure.

As for the engine itself, the story goes that one of the fellows was working to convert a pile of original mac parts that some innocent customer sent him as a down payment into a mock up Mc102. However when he found out his son sold all of the additional parts needed to complete the engine so he could go to the local strip club the fellow dropped dead in his garage because he knew the party was over and entire project died with him.

Don't fret, there is a happy ending afterall :D .

No one is really sure of what really happened to either one of these fellows however legend has it one of them had a nervous breakdown over a Russian mail order bride from Vietnam and a coping machine while the other actually faked his death and continues to this day to operate a internet theft ring that has been giving karters some of the biggest screw jobs of their life.

Guess this isn't exactly happy but the stories that come from people who buy from these guys and get screwed even after they were told by other victims to avoid them are just side splitting. You know, Gotta love it.

Moral to the story. If you have to pay for friendship its not woth it, there is no such thing as a 'new vintage engine', and think before you buy.

I put this in a very edited version to protect the innocent because we feel that with woman and children reading this web site we couldn't post all of the nasty these two burdened this hobby with.

Hope this helps...R.E.A.R.

mcbob

Post by mcbob » Thu Jan 10, 2008 8:43 pm

Thanks REAR this is something i didn't wish to give rise to again but appreciate your time and effort, see there are good guys out there after all.

I had heard of the 102 and of some of the terrible miseries caused by those with no scruples

I just needed to know if it ever got on a Kart really.

Mc Bob.

Rob Voska

Post by Rob Voska » Fri Jan 11, 2008 12:52 am

I think Tom Smith knows more about a McCulloch that was a prototype. I saw one sell on ebay 3-4 years ago. If I remember right it was a chrome bore and 135cc. Had windows cut in the bottom of the cylinder on the intake side. Looked really cool,

REAR

Post by REAR » Fri Jan 11, 2008 8:37 am

Bob,

No harm in asking. Funny thing is many sent me emails and said both of these guys are still out there doing everything from selling t-shirts to being Elvis impersonators and that some ill-informed 'newbies' actually worship their lifetime. Talk about PATHETIC.

Anyway, if you actually had the misfortune to meet one of these fellows face to face you knew right away they were up to no good. I mean these guys just reeked and I'll always remember when I asked one of them what I will recieve for my money he sounded like a worn out saw engine with a dull blade stuck in a piece of oak. AHHHHHHHHhhhhhhhh.

Have to admit though that I did kind of chuckle when I first read your post.
Looking back at the stupid dishonest things these guys tried to pull and in front of the whole world to view that were so far off the wall you can't help from laughing. There is just no way anyone could possibly make up these tales of foolishness and for these guys to think they were going to get away with this stuff is kinda funny in a sick way I guess. Have to also laugh at the fact that to this day just the mention of the tiltle of 'cheif enginner' brings many to their knees in laughter!

Oh well, guess it pays to ask questions and BE VERY CAREFUL.....

Anyway, if memory serves correct, The guys at FMC bought Dave Robinets stock from Mid-West McCulloch and got a hold of some blocks that were rumored to be factory prototypes of a new generation Mc from the O.E.M.

Not sure of all the details but one thing is for certain, They were NOT the infamous Mc102.

R.E.A.R

Gordon Duax
Vintage Karting items owned: Lots!

Post by Gordon Duax » Tue Jan 15, 2008 4:58 am

REAR wrote:........... continues to this day to operate a internet theft ring that has been giving karters some of the biggest screw jobs of their life.

R.E.A.R.
LoL !
I bet it has something to do with the surplus Mac parts that continue to pop up on eBay under different IDs........
I can almost guess the Russian mail-order brides's name !

jmendoza
Vintage Karting items owned: Dart A-Bone, HumBug, Macs and a Blender, Panthers.

Post by jmendoza » Mon Jan 21, 2008 12:43 pm

I will be bringing a MC-102 to Adams this year, in case anybody wants to see one, and No, it's not for sale! Don't ask me how I got it, just come over and take a look. :?

Rob Voska

Post by Rob Voska » Mon Jan 21, 2008 3:22 pm

Why not post a picture to share with everyone?

mcbob

Post by mcbob » Mon Jan 21, 2008 5:21 pm

Maybe some kind soul at Adams might just grab a few pics you know all four sides and top and bottom plus a couple of detail shots for us old Mac buffs ...... yes sir're i'd love to see them.

A droolin' Mc Bob.

P.S. PLEASE PRETTY PRETTY PLEASE Jay.