Early Mac Third Port Blocks ?

Post all your vintage karting messages here in the General Discussion Forum

Moderator: Rob Voska

Ernie Fisher
Vintage Karting items owned: 1958 Hovey Hawk
Konig Power

Re: Early Mac Third Port Blocks ?

Post by Ernie Fisher » Thu Jan 10, 2008 11:42 am

Wow! Great photo!!! Sure brings back the memories! As far as Bobby goes, Louie gave me Vince's number a couple of years ago, So I called and spoke to Vince. He gave me Bobby's number and I called and left several messages, but no reply. I know that Bobby took his son racing, and was very fast with midgets. Ernie Cervantes bought Bobby's B and C open Darts from Vince, and I was Ernie's driver, from 1964 to 1970. I raced these machines out west during those years with the exception of the Nationals. When the Nationals came around, Bobby returned for those. When I sold the old C-Open a few years ago, all six Mac carbs had "BOBS" stamped on them. To the best of my knoledge, Bobby is still living in the SF Bay area.

Ernie

Dan Flanders
Vintage Karting items owned: Pimped out Yerf-Dog with 22" spinners
User Agreement: Yes

Post by Dan Flanders » Thu Jan 10, 2008 12:03 pm

Hi Ernie-
Yes, it is pretty cool to see what people squirreled away. Here are a couple more Tony sent me. Another one of Newman with a very young Ron Emmick, Tony Ramirez & Bob Petruzzi, as well as one of Bob Beeler's C-Open kart at Escalon. I believe it is the same one he raced against Duffy and the twin Yamaha at the nationals. (Note how beefy the frame rails are...That thing must have weighed a ton)

ted johnson

Post by ted johnson » Thu Jan 10, 2008 3:12 pm

Hey, Ernie! I ran a stroked, fully open Mc10 with the dual GEM bottom manifold and the top opening blocked off that way. We cut the mount off so we could just use the dual stuffer, and had it on a Stinger with a Helix gearbox and 2 alky flatback carbs. That Mac 10 was faster than my open Mc40! Fun days... Ted

Ernie Fisher
Konig Power

Post by Ernie Fisher » Thu Jan 10, 2008 5:13 pm

Dan-

Great photos!! If you liked Beeler's kart, I know you are going to like my new (very old) kart. I will bringing her out to Adams for the very first time on a track. We have been working on the project for over three years.

Ted---I saw a cut off GEM dual bottom on E-Bay a few weeks back. Maybe it was one of yours!

Ernie

louie figone
Vintage Karting items owned: Single/twin 67 Chaparrals
69 A bone/Model J/62 Fox
WB/820s/610s/580V5
PP58/61/82/KL100

Post by louie figone » Thu Jan 10, 2008 5:38 pm

Dan, those pictures are of Gary Emmick, I remember Ron when he was born, around '65, Linda, Gary and baby Ron would come to dinner with a group of us, the Petruzzi', Fisher, Giacometti's etc.
Scott Wiggington ran into Bob Petruzzi at the powder coaters when he was picking up his Go Kart 1200 frames, Bob knew exactly what they were, he was picking up '57 Chevy parts that he was building. Scott talked to him about karting and Bob had given all his karting engines and parts to someone that was into chainsaw competition. Bob is still in the bay area as far as we know. Another karter I am trying to get in touch with is Diane Kanemoto, would like to see if she would show up at one of the Davis events. She was quite the shoe and of course we all know who her engine builder was.

Louie

Ernie Fisher
Konig Power

Post by Ernie Fisher » Thu Jan 10, 2008 10:38 pm

Louie,

I will try to get in touch with Irv. It's been a couple of years since we last talked, as he is overseas much of the time. It would be great to get Irv & Dianne to one of our events.

Remember Snow's Grand Prix Raceway, in San Jose, with Gary and Linda with baby Ronnie in the playpen in the pits? Ahh, the good ole days.

Ernie

Dan Flanders
Vintage Karting items owned: Pimped out Yerf-Dog with 22" spinners

Post by Dan Flanders » Thu Jan 10, 2008 10:47 pm

Ooops my bad. Temporary brain fart. Of course it is Gary not Ron.
If any of you folks come in contact with Bob, let him know that Tony Ramirez is looking for him. Tony said he used to drive for Hovey at some point and still has kart and a couple of motors. I tried to get him to come out to Davis, but he didn't seem to interested. It would be great if you could track down Diane and get her to attend, she kicked butt for years!!! I had heard she was in San Jose and still involved with some sort of racing.

louie figone
Vintage Karting items owned: Single/twin 67 Chaparrals
69 A bone/Model J/62 Fox
WB/820s/610s/580V5
PP58/61/82/KL100

Post by louie figone » Thu Jan 10, 2008 11:04 pm

Dan, Diane is living in the south bay with her boyfriend of many years, Ray Abrams of A&A motors sees her and has a contact #, they promote indoor motorcycle racing.

Ernie, I found some 8 mm movies of Snows Silver creek in '61,64 and '66, Giacometti, Petruzzi in C open machines, some footage of Giacometti in his birdcage (A&A motors) me in my GK800 with the 610. Petaluma track, GK800 with 580, San Carlos Track, Giacometti. You may even be in some of the footage. I am going to put it all together on a DVD for you. Big Ernie is in a small part working on a C open machine. Sure takes me back in time.

Louie

Ernie Fisher
Konig Power

Post by Ernie Fisher » Fri Jan 11, 2008 2:40 am

Louie--Thanks a bunch!

Dan- I would sure love to talk to Tony--Have him e-mail me. \
thanks, Ernie