TBO Event

Post all your vintage karting messages here in the General Discussion Forum

Moderator: Rob Voska

Sam Polito
Vintage Karting items owned: Rupp Chaparral w/dual Mc 91-B1's
User Agreement: Yes

TBO Event

Post by Sam Polito » Sun Sep 02, 2012 8:13 pm

Just attended TBO event and had a fantastic time. Great karts to look at and watch run, plenty of stories from the past to listen to and alot of old and new faces to chat with. It doesn't get any better than this.
Thanks to Rob & Bob and all involved in putting on another fine event.

Also a special thanks go out to Gary W. And Scott K. For their donation of parts and time for the totally restored Mc-6 that was raffled off. Congratulations to Shawn Engel of Canada, the winner.

Sam Polito

Scott Kneisel
Vintage Karting items owned: '63 Rupp Grand Prix, 66 Rupp Chappy, Mc6's, Mc8, Mc10's, Mc20's
Lotsa' other Macs

Re: TBO Event

Post by Scott Kneisel » Sun Sep 02, 2012 8:21 pm

I also had a great time like I always do here, to me this is the best vintage karting event of the season, I guess that is probably why it is the most attended event in the country. I even like it better than Avon...LOL. It is terriffic to celebrate the equipment and people of TRUE vintage karting back to its roots. If I could only make one event a year, it would be this one. Thank you Rob & Bob for all you put into this to preserve history.
I also enjoyed the spirited conversation we had tonight after dinner ;) 8-) :lol: :lol:
On our way home tomorrow,
Scott

Mike Anderson
Vintage Karting items owned: SAE karts (2)
Rathman xterminator (3)
margay cheetah dual (1)
Blackstone Special (1)

Post by Mike Anderson » Sun Sep 02, 2012 8:41 pm

Hey Rob and Bob,
Thanks so much for putting on my favorite weekend of the year. I saw friends this year whom I had not seen in 40yrs. what a surprise. I came less than prepared this year but still got to make a good many laps around my most favorite kart track from my youth. Only had one of my own karts in attendance but several friends loaned me theirs to test run how cool. Where else could you get that kind of treatment. No racing just great fun and socializing. Please continue to do what you do and I will see you next year. Your avid supporter, Mike Anderson

roger santee

Post by roger santee » Sun Sep 02, 2012 8:58 pm

Just got home from TBO, great event again. Thanks Rob and Bob for a great weekend. Brian, David and I had a fantastic time.
Roger

Robert Cain
Vintage Karting items owned: 1961 Go Kart 800, 1964 Dart Grand Prix

Post by Robert Cain » Sun Sep 02, 2012 9:17 pm

I have just returned from my first TBO. A great event that stands alone in vintage karting. Great people, great karts, great organizing, great everything! Feel very privleged to have been included in the Fantastic Four show karts this my first year with my Dart. Thanks again Rob,Bob, and everyone i had the pleasure of meeting with including some for the first time.

Robert Cain
Indianapolis

Chris Marchand
Vintage Karting items owned: to daggone many

Post by Chris Marchand » Sun Sep 02, 2012 9:21 pm

Great time , Thanks Rob and Bob for putting on a kart revival to represent what it was like Back In the Day.

Thanks to Scott K. , PND ( John McCorvey ) and Sam P., Roger S. and Brian too, for keeping me running, it takes an Army , ha ha ha . Hope to see you all and lots more folks next year. Chris

herbert dickel
Vintage Karting items owned: sae karts

Post by herbert dickel » Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:19 am

thank you Rob an Bob, the best weekend of the year , epic ,an thanks for everyone for stoping by an saying hello to my mother an father ,herb jr

Gary Wlodarsky
Vintage Karting items owned: Hornet SS, Dual Hornet
Expert II , Invader single and a dual, Rupp 301D,

Post by Gary Wlodarsky » Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:14 am

as usual ,,,the best karting event of the year..Rob and Bob, well, just great guys,,,,what a job...always good to see old friends and make a few new ones,,,great stories, great time by all..

now if I could just remember whish way those gaskets go under the carbs,,,GRRRRRR :oops:

much thanks to Scott for his help with the Big Bonus......

Gary W

Doug Tenney
Vintage Karting items owned: '63 Blitz Barracuda, '62? Blitz, '60 Dart A-Bone, Rob-Ron Dart, '68? Bug, Fantic Broncco

Post by Doug Tenney » Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:44 am

I want to thank Bob and Ron, and all of the folks who pitch in and make this event so much fun. Your generosity in both time and material is MUCH appreciated. Definitely the highlight of the summer for both my son Alex and me. Amazingly, the weather held out both days! Now, we gotta start getting some new hardware ready for next year! [Oh crud, I guess we gotta unpack the van first...]

Tom Luttenbacher
Vintage Karting items owned: Dart A Bone, Neal, LeeKart, Lancer, GoKart 800's, Simplex, Blitz.

Post by Tom Luttenbacher » Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:05 pm

Thanks Rob and Bob, a good time was had and always good to see old friends and the many different kart models. Tom L