enough is enough........

Post all your vintage karting messages here in the General Discussion Forum

Moderator: Rob Voska

Dominic Salvato
Vintage Karting items owned: Caretta's, Darts, Lancers, Bug, Cates, Customs, Margay
User Agreement: Yes

enough is enough........

Post by Dominic Salvato » Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:11 pm

For years I've wanted to make the Big One and all the vintage races. It hasn't happened. I never ran this 700 Westbend V-5.
One day last week I fired her up and took off down the street, hat turned backwards and open exhaust blasting.
I drove around speed bumps, down sidewalks and running trails. I would stop at intersections grab the tie rods and pull it across, jump back in and take off again. Two cops saw me blast by and did nothing. It was the most fun I've had in years.
Being 64 years old I've been on aspirin and pain medication for a day or two due to soreness, but I can't get this big sh*t eating grin off my face.
Last edited by Dominic Salvato on Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rob Voska

Re: enough is enough........

Post by Rob Voska » Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:39 am

The Big One started out with just two guys..... looks like you only need to find one more!

It's cool the cops don't hassle you but I would not make it part of a routine. :mrgreen:

Dominic Salvato
Vintage Karting items owned: Caretta's, Darts, Lancers, Bug, Cates, Customs, Margay

Post by Dominic Salvato » Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:12 pm

It's Alaska, the Moose hit 35mph or more going down the street. On the fourth of July I'm going to go for another spin, it's pretty much 24 hours of daylight. I'll blast past the midnight softball games.

Dominic Salvato

Post by Dominic Salvato » Mon Mar 13, 2017 3:48 pm

5 years later........Still haven't made my dream of attending TBO. But, I just might this year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZUwSicocY4

Al Hasenfratz
Vintage Karting items owned: Grand Prix Invader and a few more...

Post by Al Hasenfratz » Mon Mar 13, 2017 7:48 pm

Do it. You can run the yellow 85 you see on the opening page. Plus the Bob n Rob show is worth the price of admission! Al

Rob Voska

Post by Rob Voska » Tue Mar 14, 2017 7:38 am

How about some better pics of the high boy.....

Dominic Salvato

Post by Dominic Salvato » Thu Mar 16, 2017 5:45 pm

I took my pictures down a few years ago...but it said I can't post anymore because my file is full.

http://s1274.photobucket.com/user/AK2st ... sort=3&o=6

http://s1274.photobucket.com/user/AK2st ... sort=3&o=1