Some advice for a greenhorn.

Post all your vintage karting messages here in the General Discussion Forum

Moderator: Rob Voska

Greg Matteucci
Vintage Karting items owned: Putt-nik with a MC10. Been in family since early 60's. 1959 home built with a MC6
User Agreement: Yes

Some advice for a greenhorn.

Post by Greg Matteucci » Sat Apr 21, 2012 8:18 pm

I was hoping I could get some feed back on the value of a bare kart frame.

I have the an opportunity to pickup a Bug stinger bare chassis(no belly pan, seat, axles, spindles, etc). They are interested in trading for some parts.. It would be about $175 to replace 'em. I would be into it about 375ish getting from the coast and replacing the parts(I would need them for this chassis). I know it is hard to place a value on some of this stuff, Any opinion would be welcomed...

Thank You Greg

Terry Bentley
Vintage Karting items owned: Kavalla Rupp Hornet Bug Margay Cates, Ala Kart

Re: Some advice for a greenhorn.

Post by Terry Bentley » Sun Apr 22, 2012 12:37 am

Am I reading this right? That you would be in to the Stinger for around $375 total with the parts needed to build it up? If thats the case, its not bad to get s complete roller together. If it is going to cost you $375, just to get the bare chassis, I would have to say no. The seat frame is something that would need to be with chassis before even consider trading for.

Greg Matteucci
Vintage Karting items owned: Putt-nik with a MC10. Been in family since early 60's. 1959 home built with a MC6

Post by Greg Matteucci » Sun Apr 22, 2012 6:53 pm

Sorry, I should have been more clear. It is a bare chassis, but does have the bolt in seat frame and steering shaft, just no aluminum, axles, spindles, tie rods , most anything that could be robbed. I have an axle, bearings, and hubs the gentleman would like to trade for and a 16 hour round trip drive or greyhound to pick it up.

Rob Voska

Post by Rob Voska » Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:19 pm

Everyone is always excited with their first one..... after a few you start getting picky & passing up what you are now drooling over. If it's the apple of you eye & in terrific shape is one thing but bare frames are usually bare for a reason.... like they are bent or broken......

Greg Matteucci

Post by Greg Matteucci » Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:14 pm

Excellent point..... Thank you for saying it! I was only seeing what it could be not what it is.