10 cube Bender.............

Post all your vintage karting messages here in the General Discussion Forum

Moderator: Rob Voska

ted johnson

Re: 10 cube Bender.............

Post by ted johnson » Thu Jul 12, 2007 7:03 am

Hey, McBob! It looks great! Just polish the air shrouds, paint the chamber with VHT and leave the rest naked. It would look cool that way. Best of luck to you. Ted

Jeff Campbell
Site Admin
Vintage Karting items owned: 1961 Fox Go-Boy MC20's
Robron Chaparral dual MC101
Margay Cheetah MKIII

Post by Jeff Campbell » Mon Jul 16, 2007 12:12 am

Bob,
You can "bend" that pipe around to make it less in your face. Simply cut the diffuser cone at an angle, then rotate the 2 pieces and weld them back together. As Gordon Jennings pointed out years ago, such angular changes in the diffuser do not hurt power, sound waves have no mass and don't mind going around sharp corners. The pipe leading from the exhaust port to the start of the diffuser cone should not have any sharp bends or abrupt changes, as the flow of exhaust gases in this section will be impacted, creating turbulance and power loss.

Jeff

mcbob
Vintage Karting items owned: Everything Mac but a Kart but who know's ?

Post by mcbob » Mon Jul 16, 2007 5:28 pm

Thanks fellas your tip's are appreciated as i have enough dents in my old noggin as is.

Root Manufacturing painted their saws two colours Deep Red or Metallic Blue so i'd say this saw will get the deep cherry red with natural metal highlights and the engine in natural metal with the airshroud in copper along with the exhaust (i may get the exhaust copper dipped).

We cant have my new Copperhead looking shabby can we ?

Mc Bender Bob.