passing of E.c. Burt

Post all your vintage karting messages here in the General Discussion Forum

Moderator: Rob Voska

steve miller
Vintage Karting items owned: simplex,rupps,fox,putt nik,go kart 1600,alley cat ,hellcat,mcculloch,hornett,moss..
User Agreement: Yes

passing of E.c. Burt

Post by steve miller » Thu Mar 08, 2012 2:33 pm

prolly most everyone allready herd .. but e.c. burt passed away .. ive been imformed it was during a surgury . :cry: rest good ol buddy ..

Ronald Carbaugh
Vintage Karting items owned: Xterminator
Mak Kart

Re: passing of E.c. Burt

Post by Ronald Carbaugh » Thu Mar 08, 2012 4:33 pm

Thanks for posting this information. EC was a true Engine Builder/Tuner. I always had to reverse engineer things that he did to understand his motives for his Engine Builds. He was one of the Great people of two stroke technology and he didn't need anyone to tell him that he was Great. He will be missed and I hope that people that own his engines prize them for the Wizardry that went in to the technology and how far ahead he was of most people. I will miss him.

Ron Carbaugh

Tom Davis

Post by Tom Davis » Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:14 pm

Ron,
Well said my friend....
Prayers to the family
TD

Ronald Carbaugh
Vintage Karting items owned: Xterminator
Mak Kart

Post by Ronald Carbaugh » Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:36 pm

Thanks Tom....EC was an amazing person. Here is what his Family wrote.

Legends may die but glory lives forever…
Due to recent health problems and surgery E.C. Birt, the builder, the racer, the husband the father, the mentor, the wizard, the friend and much more has moved on to glory March 7, 2012.
I’ve been given the opportunity of a lifetime to be taught a great man and father figure. Since I was 10 years old I’ve always been, in E.C. words, that “tick turd kid“ that hung around bugging him to learn how to make things faster. While I took over the business in 2004, E.C. has always been a huge part of how things run and progress over the years. This has always been a team effort and today we lose the heart of that team. I pray that everyone would offer a prayer for the Birt family. He leaves behind a wife, three sons and many grandchildren.
E.C. Distributing, the business built with his own hands will always be a testimony to his hard work and dedication to the sport of racing, from motocross to karting, coast to coast and around the world, for the last 50 years and beyond. -Carroll Ford

“Cut my finger this morning and it still smells like Blendzall..” -E.C. Birt

“O send out Your light and Your truth, let them lead me; Let them bring me to Your holy hill and to Your dwelling places. Then I will go to the altar of God, To God my exceeding joy; and upon the lyre I shall praise You, O God, my God.” –Psalms 43:3-4
I will keep everyone up to date on funeral arrangements and time. God bless and peace to all.