Oil Gas Ratio for West Bend ???

Post all your vintage karting messages here in the General Discussion Forum

Moderator: Rob Voska

Rich-Johnson
Vintage Karting items owned: 1959 Rupp Dart Kart with West Bend motor

Oil Gas Ratio for West Bend ???

Post by Rich-Johnson » Sat Dec 22, 2007 3:34 pm

Hey Guys...I run my Yamaha KT100 at 16 to 1 (Klotz Super) Is this too much oil for my West Bend 580 ??? Not really too sure what ratio to use...don't wanna foul any plugs :mrgreen:

Thanks....Rich

John Greaves
Vintage Karting items owned: 1967 Bug Sprint
Repro Bug Sprint
Repro Dart "A Bone"

Re: Oil Gas Ratio for West Bend ???

Post by John Greaves » Fri Dec 28, 2007 9:51 pm

Rich,

I think that's about right (for gas). I've been running a TAD (O.K. let's find out what a TAD actually is) richer....16:1 is 8 oz oil to 1 gallon gas. I've been using 9 oz Klotz Super Techniplate to the gallon, but I foul plugs rather regularly, so I'm going to go to 16:1 or a TAD less. :D Oh, and I've been running that mix in a MC-101 and WB 820. Don't worry too much about fouling a plug - they're cheap compared to rebuilding an engine because of a piston seizure!

Rich-Johnson
Vintage Karting items owned: 1959 Rupp Dart Kart with West Bend motor

Re: Oil Gas Ratio for West Bend ???

Post by Rich-Johnson » Mon Dec 31, 2007 12:25 pm

John Greaves wrote:Rich,

I think that's about right (for gas). I've been running a TAD (O.K. let's find out what a TAD actually is) richer....16:1 is 8 oz oil to 1 gallon gas. I've been using 9 oz Klotz Super Techniplate to the gallon, but I foul plugs rather regularly, so I'm going to go to 16:1 or a TAD less. :D Oh, and I've been running that mix in a MC-101 and WB 820. Don't worry too much about fouling a plug - they're cheap compared to rebuilding an engine because of a piston seizure!
OK....Thanks for the info John...I'll keep my ratio at 16:1...and pick up a few extra plugs :mrgreen: