Fremont Fun Day October 15th

Post all your vintage karting messages here in the General Discussion Forum

Moderator: Rob Voska

Rob Voska

Re: Fremont Fun Day October 15th

Post by Rob Voska » Sat Oct 15, 2011 6:55 am

Weather man says dry @ 60 deg but windy with 15/25 mph winds. I'm getting ready.

Rob Voska

Post by Rob Voska » Mon Oct 17, 2011 12:49 pm

Had a great time at the track Saturday. 60 deg & 30 mph winds but it was probably the last chance before
ol'man winter sets in. I'd like to thank everyone that showed up, it's really the only chance Bob & I get to run.
I really enjoy the fun days when I get a chance to run even if I did bend a tie rod hitting a cone. Bob lost a condenser in his new 101 so he was bumming whatever he could find to ride. He spent some time in Gary's Lancer heading the wrong way. LOL. Jerry drove the tires right of his kart throwing a big chunk of rubber we had to cut off. Joel went out & only made it around the oval before heading to the pits on the first lap while his mom spent her time making a lot of laps. Cold weather, skinny hard tires had us all sliding around & the cold weather stuck a few carb needles so a few engines needed some TLC before they would fire up. Also had Bob Lefevre from NY stop by on his way to the World of Outlaw race Sat evening.

Thanks to Gary for bringing some fantastic shredded beef that he made with his secret recipe, if only he could drive as well as he cooks & to Vince for buying the beer.......

robert lefevre
Vintage Karting items owned: early 60's go kart 800 with mc engines
User Agreement: Yes

Post by robert lefevre » Mon Oct 17, 2011 9:06 pm

Hi Rob, just wanted to say it was great meeting you and to thank you, Bob and Jerry for allowing me to pick your brains on some things that i needed information on especially the carbs. I hope to be there when you have your first fun day in the spring. Maybe the wind wont blow us away then, but you did end up with a great day and it looks like you all were having fun, even if you did bend yours a little bit, lol.

Thanks again,
Bob

stan wauthier
Vintage Karting items owned: a couple of karts

Post by stan wauthier » Tue Oct 18, 2011 8:06 am

We had a great time also. Joel found out the reason he kept throwing the chain on his right side engine was because his frame was cracked, allowing the engine to flex on hard acceleration (the only way he knows how to drive!). It's a good thing we had my kart along so Joel could get some laps in. I'm not sure he figured out which way to go though. He ran just about every direction and configuration possible. Connie has become hooked also. It only took her 10 years to muster up enough nerve to get in the seat. I guess I'll be building her one soon. There goes my WB610 I was planning to use as a starter!
Health Warning: These posts may contain traces of nut.
Having a blast enjoying the past,
¡sıɥʇ ǝʞı1 dn puǝ ʇ,uop ǝʍ buıʎɐɹd puɐ
Best Regards,
Stan

Gary Wlodarsky
Vintage Karting items owned: Hornet SS, Dual Hornet
Expert II , Invader single and a dual, Rupp 301D,

Post by Gary Wlodarsky » Tue Oct 18, 2011 8:14 am

Rob, Bob...

Its always fun at Fremont...just go out and ride when you want,,,,,,,even if some of us couldn't figure out which way to go..............those tires sure work good at 45 degrees,,,yea, right,,,,

my secret recipe came from "mom"...thats why you like it so much.......LMAO...

WE NEED MORE PLAY DAYS...

thx
gw

Rob Voska

Post by Rob Voska » Tue Oct 18, 2011 1:39 pm

Careful Gary I have the ability to change your posts.....just look........ Please don't use language like that here again or I WILL BAN YOU! :mrgreen:

Gary Wlodarsky
Vintage Karting items owned: Hornet SS, Dual Hornet
Expert II , Invader single and a dual, Rupp 301D,

Post by Gary Wlodarsky » Tue Oct 18, 2011 9:19 pm

Just so the rest of our friend s know the word Rob replaced was "Mom",,,nothing vulgar...wel, :oops: l I guess maybe it was , but not what you may think!!!!! :evil:

Rob Voska

Post by Rob Voska » Wed Oct 19, 2011 6:50 am

LOL