s44A - teardown it is and rebuild

Post all your vintage karting messages here in the General Discussion Forum

Moderator: Rob Voska

david a luciani
Vintage Karting items owned: gk800 -r1 -gilson excalibar -rupp concept dual,concept,Cheetah ll, panther -Bug
User Agreement: Yes

s44A - teardown it is and rebuild

Post by david a luciani » Sat Dec 15, 2007 4:23 pm

hi,
sorry this is supposed to be in reply my other post. good thing i'm so good with computers eh? ;-0

wow one of my favorite reference places is your site. sure i'll take pix. i also have a mac 7 , 75 , a few un-i.d.ed blocks and various 91 versions that are uncut ports if you want bare block internal pix. also have several 101's with some pretty radical porting. theres a fellow on ebay selling one for alot of money that i have a twin of if you want pix of any i'll be soda blasting all the blocks soon to clean of oxidation and goo .
i guess i'll be tearing the s44A down. i'll need to anyway to reseal and inspect. am i right with the idea that these motors want to be heated up to about two hundred degrees to separate the cases? how about bearing to crank separation? both engines are uncut in any way that i can see so i will take some good interior pix for reference. thanx for any help dave