Moderator: Rob Voska

steveohara
Vintage Karting items owned: 1969 Bug Sprint Mc 91B1
1965 Dart Gran Prix twin Mc100s
1963 Bug Scorpion ESll Mc45

Re: Caretta for sale

Post by steveohara » Sat Dec 15, 2007 1:22 am

Matt,

I would not want to see you get taken advantage of if you were unaware of the value of something you owned..... I don't think being fair and honest with other people makes anyone a saint.
BTW, the kart you want is still available on ebay so you have an equal opportunity with anyone else to make it yours. Just remember, a kart like that is an INVESTMENT.... don't think of it as an expense and it will be easier to write the check.
Regards,
Steve O'Hara

matt cowley
Vintage Karting items owned: Fox duel box mount 60 Mak-kart 68 A Bone 63 Dart kart Bug "K" Wasp 63 hellcat

Post by matt cowley » Sat Dec 15, 2007 2:59 am

Hey Dean, Yeah, I'm not making to many friends out there am I. I guess my world is a little more cut throat than most of you guys are used to. You guys are all so nice maybe I don't belong on this site. And Steve with that reply you are a saint. BTW I am looking for some things and have some things to trade or sell. Thanks!

Rob Voska

Post by Rob Voska » Sat Dec 15, 2007 7:56 am

A friend of mine in NJ worked on getting his Caretta for over 20 years......he finally got it and loves it. That's what makes this fun. The "HUNT" to find what's out there in basements, barns, garage walls, I even pulled one out of a snow drift when I spotted the steering wheel sticking out of the snow. I ended up trading a $200 minibike for it. Believe me the kid came out of it better than I did. I ended up with another kart just like it and traded it off but it got another kart back in circulation. I also spent a lot of quality time with my dad driving to and from swap meets. It's fun and you can make it fun or you can whine like a spoiled brat. It's your choice. Man up or shut up.

Darvin Jahnke
Vintage Karting items owned: 60 Simplex Mk II Dart Kart

Post by Darvin Jahnke » Sat Dec 15, 2007 9:56 pm

Cut throat will get you nowhere. It may seem to work for awhile but what goes around comes around. I would rather have a bunch of guys I could call my friends rather than having them stone me with burned Mac pistons. Doing someone a good turn is not costly and in many instances will pay dividends. A candle loses nothing of itself when it lights another candle.

Dominic Salvato
Vintage Karting items owned: Caretta's, Darts, Lancers, Bug, Cates, Customs, Margay
User Agreement: Yes

Post by Dominic Salvato » Sat Dec 15, 2007 11:22 pm

This kart was on e-bay for 5 days without a bid, before I spotted it. The owner said he had it listed locally and could end the bidding anytime. I made an offer, come to find out it was $150 more then he was asking. Granted it's ruff but should restore okay. It pays to look at everything and if you have questions there are a lot of helpful guy's at this site that are glad to advise you. Just keep looking, it's half the fun. And keep some cash in reserve. GOOD HUNTING!

joey pawlowski

Post by joey pawlowski » Sun Dec 16, 2007 12:27 am

Oh yea, Dominic, they advised me real well when I tried to buy an Xterminator. The only advice I got was how to let me be the middleman so they could get their hands on it!
Joey

Dominic Salvato
Vintage Karting items owned: Caretta's, Darts, Lancers, Bug, Cates, Customs, Margay
User Agreement: Yes

Post by Dominic Salvato » Sun Dec 16, 2007 12:54 am

Joey, I'm sorry to hear that. I'm a new member, but a lot of these guy's are members of other Vintage kart site's and have been very helpful to me. I didn't mean to steer anyone wrong!

matt cowley
Vintage Karting items owned: Fox duel box mount 60 Mak-kart 68 A Bone 63 Dart kart Bug "K" Wasp 63 hellcat

Post by matt cowley » Sun Dec 16, 2007 2:42 am

Just because I'm a little cut throat in my buying tactics doesn't mean I am lier or rip off. My ebay name is modine19 check my feed back I have never ripped off or knowingly misled any one. Dominic, I saw that Caretta the first day It came on ebay. Talk to the guy you bought it from. I offered him $200 + shipping and he was stoked on that price. Because of his location and the length of the kart shipping was not going to be easy or cheep so I let it go. I am not really looking for a lay down model. Good thing for you I didn't go on a old kart site and blab out theres a enduro Caretta on ebay here is the item # And to that last guy looking for a Xterminator. I got one on ebay for $50 buy it now so keep on looking but don,t get in my way. Thanks!

Michael Burke

Post by Michael Burke » Sun Dec 16, 2007 3:04 am

I'm wondering why it was OK for you to make an offer directly to the seller of the Caretta enduro that Dominic bought when one of your previous posts condemmed the practice ? You seem proud of the fact that you almost had it first. Contacting sellers is common on kart items. If it was OK for you, it should be OK for everyone.

Your earlier post is below.

"Now I am really pist off! some one made a offer to the seller now its off of ebay. The only one larry helped out was the one rich bastard that made the offer to take it off of ebay. Is this site for the greedy rich few with a garage full of karts and still buys up every thing or the average joe that wants a vintage kart with out spending a arm and a leg? If you were the one thats been looking for 15 years for one of these karts and this happed to you, You would be pist off too!"

matt cowley

Post by matt cowley » Sun Dec 16, 2007 3:19 am

Sorry, I didn't know there was going to be a test at the end Mr. anal