Name Tags

Post all your vintage karting messages here in the General Discussion Forum

Moderator: Rob Voska

Dominic Salvato
Vintage Karting items owned: Caretta's, Darts, Lancers, Bug, Cates, Customs, Margay
User Agreement: Yes

Re: Name Tags

Post by Dominic Salvato » Thu Jul 14, 2011 10:07 pm

It would be nice to identify one sweaty old fat guy from another. If I make it I'll be the guy with the tee shirt that says on the back "no handball playing allowed."

david a luciani
Vintage Karting items owned: gk800 -r1 -gilson excalibar -rupp concept dual,concept,Cheetah ll, panther -Bug

Post by david a luciani » Thu Jul 14, 2011 10:46 pm

i thought about it a little more.

maybe a group picture or two with a caption listing names left to right sorta thing could happen.
as i'll be at TBO as per usual i'll see if i can make that happen.
but only if i remember the camera to take the pix aaand to actually write the names down..
it'll be kinda like herding cats i think.
dave 8-)

Rob Voska

Post by Rob Voska » Thu Jul 14, 2011 10:54 pm

We took group pics the first few years.... then it got so big it was like taking pics of a random crowd & kinda got away from it. It's lots of work & I have to admit I don't know a lot of the people that show up. I'm terrible with names.

Making name tags that last 3 days is another issue, don't want anything with pins or anything around someone's neck when they are running a kart & it takes time & lets face it when the gate opens it's like a unleashing a stampede of people to get set up & ready.

stan wauthier
Vintage Karting items owned: a couple of karts

Post by stan wauthier » Fri Jul 15, 2011 6:43 am

I took on a project of trying to compile a kart gallery. Two years in a row I tried to get pictures of karts with the owners, kart info and peoples names. As David said, I hardly got out on the track myself. Not that it was all bad, I didn't break anything those 2 years!
Health Warning: These posts may contain traces of nut.
Having a blast enjoying the past,
¡sıɥʇ ǝʞı1 dn puǝ ʇ,uop ǝʍ buıʎɐɹd puɐ
Best Regards,
Stan

Dominic Salvato
Vintage Karting items owned: Caretta's, Darts, Lancers, Bug, Cates, Customs, Margay

Post by Dominic Salvato » Fri Jul 15, 2011 10:26 pm

Would it be to complicated for the guys to identify their karts by a numbers? Combined with a specific driver having that number. Then publishing the list separate from the pictures.

david a luciani
Vintage Karting items owned: gk800 -r1 -gilson excalibar -rupp concept dual,concept,Cheetah ll, panther -Bug

Post by david a luciani » Sat Jul 16, 2011 12:45 pm

Actually that might work.
the saddest part of TBO is that we have all these awesome karts show up and no information on the forum pictures.
it's beyond any one guy to actually get everything straight and also get some track time.
At this point just keeping things running have stopped Rob and Bob from even getting one lap at TBO.

perhaps a big paper number taped to the upholstorey .
or maybe have a number board to lay on the kart seat when not driving.
most of the karts at TBO are beyond perfect so anything attached to a paint surface wouldn't go over well.

i don't know if Rob or Bob want the extra work though.
to make it easier on them we could have numbers assigned before TBO for those knowing they are going.
by doing that the owners of the karts can make their own number board or whatever.
a few sharpies and a ream of paper could let the late guys do the numbers on site.

it's a simple matter to list names of owners and what karts they have i think.
and if that's a hassle we could always just have the owners post the info on the site after the event.
What do you guys think?

dave 8-)