Fremont Fun Day July 2nd

Post all your vintage karting messages here in the General Discussion Forum

Moderator: Rob Voska

Rob Voska

Fremont Fun Day July 2nd

Post by Rob Voska » Sun Jun 26, 2011 8:24 pm

Fremont Fun Day July 2nd @ 10:00 AM. We'll keep an eye on weather but things look good. Common out & have some sideways slidin fun :D

Tom Luttenbacher
Vintage Karting items owned: Dart A Bone, Neal, LeeKart, Lancer, GoKart 800's, Simplex, Blitz.
User Agreement: Yes

Re: Fremont Fun Day July 2nd

Post by Tom Luttenbacher » Tue Jun 28, 2011 5:34 pm

Is there anyone coming to Fremont this weekend from Upstate New York/further east? I have a friend that needs to get to/close to the Ithaca area, I can get that friend to Fremont on the 2nd. Reply to me via pm if you can help. Thanks. Tom

Rob Voska

Post by Rob Voska » Sun Jul 03, 2011 7:48 am

A great day of fun was had by close to 2 dozen kart enthusiasts who came out to enjoy their karts in very laid back atmosphere featuring a picnic like setting the Saturday before Independence Day.

Of course John Birkey had his grill cooking up some 'dogs', while Roger Santee, Vince Cavanagh, Gary Wlonarsky, brought some great pulled pork along with refreshments, side dishes and all the fixings you needed.

As a side note Stan and Joel Wauthier were able to stick Stans wife and Joels mother Connie in a kart for the first time and judging by the grin on her face I think its safe to say that it won't be long before Mom gets a kart of her own.

Gary W also brought his nephew for his first time on a closed course and not only did he have a great time he was very impressive out on the track putting in loads of laps just like a seasoned veteran.

Here's a few pictures of the gods times that were had by all

Butch Kavanagh

Post by Butch Kavanagh » Sun Jul 03, 2011 8:54 am

rob, i know by speaking with people up north, it's well appreciated that you organize these practice days., can see pic of vince (on the pho) and sean (who finally got to drive his own kart), asking, hey dad, where's the clutch ??? keep doing what your doing

Chris Marchand
Vintage Karting items owned: to daggone many

Post by Chris Marchand » Sun Jul 03, 2011 9:25 am

Rob and Bob even convinced the weather gods to give us a PERFECT day to relive our youth ( prolly misspent in some cases , ha ha ha ). It was a wonderful time , Thanks Rob and Bob !

Brian Santee
Vintage Karting items owned: 61 Fox kart

Post by Brian Santee » Sun Jul 03, 2011 10:02 am

No pictures of my dad on his kart, dont you know that it rarely goes out. Did anyone get pictures of him?
Brian

ted johnson

Post by ted johnson » Sun Jul 03, 2011 11:17 am

The big question: Did Rob and Bob get some decent seat time at their own venue? Sure hope so!! Good pictures. Ted

Rob Voska

Post by Rob Voska » Sun Jul 03, 2011 12:02 pm

Bob got to run his Dart with a 91 & I finally kinda sorta (unpainted) finished my 1964 SAE / 101. So yes Ted we got to make laps. WOO HOO I'll have to ask about a picture Brian. I posted what was sent to me. I know I started him once when he did go out.

A good time was had by all.

ted johnson

Post by ted johnson » Sun Jul 03, 2011 2:18 pm

Both of you guys deserve all the praise and track time you can get. You do an incredible job for the vintage gang, and I know we all appreciate it more than we can say! TJ

roger santee

Post by roger santee » Sun Jul 03, 2011 5:44 pm

Thanks Bob and Rob, it was a great time Saturday. Running the karts was great, but so was B.S.ing with everyone there. It was great seeing Connie run Stans kart. Hope to see her at more events. Also great to see Vince's son run.
Roger