Enduro Clutch Help

Post all your vintage karting messages here in the General Discussion Forum

Moderator: Rob Voska

VirgLove

Enduro Clutch Help

Post by VirgLove » Tue Apr 05, 2011 12:56 pm

I'm finally ready to put my Bystrom clutches to work, hopefully at Putnam in August. I have yellow, red and green springs, good shoes and a pretty good collection of steel balls. The engines are a stock Parilla TG14L or Komet K88s twith a Monza B pipes. Does anyone have a basic set up sheet so I can ballpark the springs before fine tuning with the wirghts. In addition I have Mc 101s and 91s. Can't say as I remember any Mc's running through Bystroms but it seems it sould work if the springs are right. Also I'm looking for large #35 drive sprockets around 14 tooth for the foreign extension shafts. Any help out there?

Bill Johnson

Re: Enduro Clutch Help

Post by Bill Johnson » Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:44 am

Virg

Start with red and yellow springs combined and tubes filled complety with the steel balls.

Bill
MacDaddy

Peter vonSneidern
Vintage Karting items owned: 1bug stinger enduro 2 Rupp situps 1 Kavallla 1 Putnik 1 Lewis Leopard
User Agreement: Yes

Re: Enduro Clutch Help

Post by Peter vonSneidern » Mon Apr 11, 2011 8:57 am

I ran a Mac 101 for years with a Bystrom on a Bug laydown. Ran a Horstman rev grip inboard on the engine and had much less chain problems.Also ran a chain guide on the slack side of the chain.Later ran Yamahas with belt drive---clutch was super reliable and consistent!