new web site about playdays

Post all your vintage karting messages here in the General Discussion Forum

Moderator: Rob Voska

Dean Seavers
Vintage Karting items owned: '66 Chap, '61 Bug Stinger, '61 McCulloch R-1, '60 Go Kart 800, '60 Bug Wasp, '60 Weirdo

Re: new web site about playdays

Post by Dean Seavers » Fri Nov 06, 2009 7:34 pm

It is in Northern California about 30 miles out of Sacramento. I usually post announcements on this and the other vintage karting boards with the actual details for those who want to attend. The purpose of the "uvka" website was just to have all the information on how to put together a playday in one spot, rather than to promote the Turkey Trot, which is why I didn't put that info on the site. The pics were just to show what our playdays look like.

Dean

Mark Havery
Vintage Karting items owned: Poison Arrow, Chaparral, McCulloch R-1
Dart Mean Machine and the "Mongrel Kart"

Post by Mark Havery » Sat Nov 14, 2009 8:26 pm

The Turkey Trot, now known as the Rob Jones Memorial Run is the finest vintage kart get together and potluck chow down on the planet!!
Dean, Seavers, the green fellow sporting the yellow helmet on the UVKA site puts it together every year! There is a potluck featured that allows every one to chowdown until they no longer
fit between the seatback and steering wheel of their kart. BBQ rib master "Chef Mark" will coordinate the potluck again, so email me at ducatitriumph@comcst.net so I can start to list
your potluck contributions.
Mark

Rob Voska

Post by Rob Voska » Sun Nov 15, 2009 8:22 am

Hey Mark
I thought Dean was the one with the weird shoes and glasses :mrgreen:

Mark Havery
Vintage Karting items owned: Poison Arrow, Chaparral, McCulloch R-1
Dart Mean Machine and the "Mongrel Kart"

Post by Mark Havery » Sun Nov 15, 2009 1:18 pm

Rob,
Dean wanted to look his best for the head shot photo, so he took his glasses off...they don't fit over the bulging eyeballs all that well anyway! :P
Mark