Can anybody identify this go kart

Post all your vintage karting messages here in the General Discussion Forum

Moderator: Rob Voska

joey pawlowski

Can anybody identify this go kart

Post by joey pawlowski » Thu Oct 04, 2007 9:31 pm

Can anybody tell me what this kart is and how much it is worth? It is sitting in the back of a body shop near my house about 2 miles from me. I think they want to get rid of it cause they said they might trade for a newer kart or maybe a minibike.
Joey
Hey! lend me 5 bucks!
ImageImage

Rob Voska

Re: Can anybody identify this go kart

Post by Rob Voska » Thu Oct 04, 2007 10:02 pm

Exterminator.....cool desirable kart. Missign the correct tank, scrub brakes, etc.... Worth? I'll let others answer that one......but more than the 5 spot your asking for.

Ronald Cubel
Vintage Karting items owned: Xterminator Kart
Rathmann Kart
Exterminator Kart

Post by Ronald Cubel » Fri Oct 05, 2007 2:02 am

Call Ron Cubel at 520-466-0781 if you have questions about the Kart....ron

mike clements
Vintage Karting items owned: too many to list

Post by mike clements » Fri Oct 05, 2007 3:33 am

:o :shock: :D
That is a Rathmann Xterminator kart. I would love to purchase it from you. This is the kart that I grew up racing. I have brand new karts in my shop complete with brand new engines and new tires. I can set you up with a new style kart that all the guys in your shop can take turns driving and having fun. Please give me a call at 480-503-2337
thank you,
Mike Clements
http://www.clementsracingengines.com

Mike Anderson
Vintage Karting items owned: SAE karts (2)
Rathman xterminator (3)
margay cheetah dual (1)
Blackstone Special (1)
User Agreement: Yes

Post by Mike Anderson » Fri Oct 05, 2007 6:27 am

If you buy the xterminator and want to put brakes etc. on it give me a call. I have two xterminators and have repo'd the brakes and some other parts. Mike Anderson (317) 729-2418 evenings

david martin
Vintage Karting items owned: old twin rail kart and a bunch of stuff cluttering the garage

Post by david martin » Fri Oct 05, 2007 10:57 am

Good luck Mike

mike clements
Vintage Karting items owned: too many to list

Post by mike clements » Fri Oct 05, 2007 4:02 pm

The more I look at this particular kart the more it looks like the owner is restoring it. The engine looks new. All of the front end axle, spindle carriers, etc have been polished, etc. The kart is too nice to be just a chance happening. As much as I would like to have it, It appears that the owner has real plans for it.
Mike

david martin
Vintage Karting items owned: old twin rail kart and a bunch of stuff cluttering the garage

Post by david martin » Sat Oct 06, 2007 1:14 am

does anyone have any idea about how many Xterminators were made and what years they were produced? I know they are somewhat rare but they do tend to pop up for sale semi regulary

Jeff Elliott

Post by Jeff Elliott » Sat Oct 06, 2007 2:03 am

Hey Joey let me know if the Kart is for sale I'd be interested in it (262)886-1089 (262)308-7422 thanks Jeff Elliott

joey pawlowski

Post by joey pawlowski » Sat Oct 06, 2007 9:26 am

The body shop owner said he bought it at an equipment auction along with some machinery. There were also a bunch of other go karts there, but this was the most complete one. He thought it might be useasble for his son, he can't find the missing parts for it, so He wants to trade for something ready to go, or another interesting vehicle. I don't think he has much money in it. He doesn't seem too anxious to get rid of it, and I would just wonder what to offer him for it in cash.
Joey
Hey! Lend me 5 bucks!