4th Annual Turkey Trot- Nov. 28th Dixon CA!

Post all your vintage karting messages here in the General Discussion Forum

Moderator: Rob Voska

Dean Seavers
Vintage Karting items owned: '66 Chap, '61 Bug Stinger, '61 McCulloch R-1, '60 Go Kart 800, '60 Bug Wasp, '60 Weirdo

4th Annual Turkey Trot- Nov. 28th Dixon CA!

Post by Dean Seavers » Thu Sep 10, 2009 5:53 pm

Howdy-

I was just able to confirm with the Kinsmen Kart club in Dixon, CA that we will have the 4th Annual Turkey Trot on Saturday, November 28th, Once again, vintage karts will have the track to themselves all day! Since their season will be over by the end of November, they are closing the track to regular club members so we can have an open track all day. Track opens at 9 am and we can run until dark, which in November will be about 5 pm.

Driver fee is $20 for the day and we will have our traditional Turkey Trot potluck BBQ! The only difference this year is that the club asked us to get the word out that they would like all karters to bring scrap carpet or a pad to go under the karts in the pits. They just dropped a chunk of change to have the pits repaved and sealed, and oil and fuel will break up asphalt, so they really want to keep them nice for as long as possible- hence the request to have carpet under your kart this time out.

This year I'd like to see if we can get a good swap meet going, so if you have kart stuff to sell, bring it on out. You can save ebay and paypal fees, avoid shipping hassles and help set your fellow karter up with the parts needed to finish a project or keep one running. We can mark off a swap meet area behind the pits to separate the swap stuff a little bit from the noise of the track. Let me know if you're bringing things to sell and we can get the word out and perhaps grow the swap aspect. None of the west coast meets have a really good swap, so it would be nice to see if we could do this.

Also, is there any interest in conducting a show? We can have it during the potluck BBQ and it can be as formal as having judges for the categories, or we can make it all people's choice for the categories. I'll come up with some kind of trophy or plaque for the winners. I just thought it might be fun and also give some of the folks who have show karts an opportunity to participate. Let me know what you think.

This is a great opportunity to run the karts one last time before the holiday commitments take over and it's a relaxed, fun atmosphere. We had a great turnout last year, and I hope folks can mark it on their calendars. I appreciate the Kinsmen club supporting vintage karting by giving us the track for the day and I hope that we can have enough folks turn up to show that vintage karting supports Kinsmen.

E-mail me at voxnut@hotmail.com with any questions or to sign up for the pot luck (and if you plan on doin' any of the eatin' please plan on doin' some of the bringin'!)

If there are out of towners who want to run on Sunday to make the trip more worthwhile, let me know and I can make arrangements with the club as well.

All the best,
Dean