Post all your vintage karting messages here in the General Discussion Forum

Moderator: Rob Voska

JIM VARY
Vintage Karting items owned: 1958 DAZZLE KART
made by V&W manufacturing
User Agreement: Yes

TBO

Post by JIM VARY » Tue Sep 08, 2009 2:15 pm

Just returned from a great weekend and wanted to thank Rob and Bob and all others that helped make this possible. I had a fantastic time even though we had a few problems. Rob I meant to get back to you on that mini bike but time got away from me and before I knew it we were headed back home. I can hardly wait til next year so we can do it all over again. If you are one of the people that could not make it, you missed a great time.
Thanks again to all who helped put it on, and to all who helped us get through our problems. :arrow: :lol: :D :) ;) :P

ted johnson

Re: TBO

Post by ted johnson » Thu Sep 10, 2009 8:04 am

I agree with Jim. Charlie and I had our teething problems with the new karts, but there's nothing that won't easily be fixed. The Van Tech ran well, though I didn't have the tires up to pressure, and Bob Lapke almost came to grief because of it! :oops: I thank Bob for getting a few decent laps on the kart.
Once again, I want to thank Bob Kurkowski and Rob Voska for putting on the fun event of the year. I point my vacation time that way every year, and I've been very happy each time. Thanks for the great honor of winning a second Biggie, though I wish that my pal Charlie would've won it instead of me. He really worked hard on the machines.
Jack Canady and Al Klusman deserved great accolades for that fabolous Disston/PP hybrid. What a fantastic sound, and, boy did it run!
Thanks for the new friendships and for renewing the old ones! Ted

Doug Tenney
Vintage Karting items owned: '63 Blitz Barracuda, '62? Blitz, '60 Dart A-Bone, Rob-Ron Dart, '68? Bug, Fantic Broncco
User Agreement: Yes

Re: TBO

Post by Doug Tenney » Fri Sep 11, 2009 8:03 am

Just want to say that my son (Alex) and I had a great time, and thanks so much to the gentlemen who organize this event each year! We met so many nice folks, and the weather was just picture perfect too. Can't say enough about it. Thanks!