Where can I get some new VINTAGE tires ???

Post all your vintage karting messages here in the General Discussion Forum

Moderator: Rob Voska

Rich-Johnson
Vintage Karting items owned: 1959 Rupp Dart Kart with West Bend motor

Where can I get some new VINTAGE tires ???

Post by Rich-Johnson » Tue Sep 11, 2007 11:39 am

Hello,

Does anybody know where can I find some new vintage racing tires for my 59 Dart Kart ??? I see them in a lot of the pics. of karts on the forum. My kart has the stock two piece steel wheels...6 inch on the rear and 5 inch on the front...I didn't know if you could those style tires with a 2 piece rim...also do you guys run them with or without tubes ??? I'm pretty new to this stuff so I'm not too sure of where to look for parts. Thanks ahead of time for the info :D ...Rich

matt azzara
Vintage Karting items owned: Robron A-Bone- WB 820
Dart GP
Go Kart 1200
User Agreement: Yes

Re: Where can I get some new VINTAGE tires ???

Post by matt azzara » Tue Sep 11, 2007 3:19 pm

Rich;

I buy mine at K&P/Bug Kart, in Azusa, CA. APS Kart Supply has some sizes too, but K&P is the only place I've found that carries both the front & rear sizes I use. They all fit the 2-piece rims, used with tubes. Good luck.........

Rich-Johnson

Post by Rich-Johnson » Wed Sep 12, 2007 10:42 am

matt azzara wrote:Rich;

I buy mine at K&P/Bug Kart, in Azusa, CA. APS Kart Supply has some sizes too, but K&P is the only place I've found that carries both the front & rear sizes I use. They all fit the 2-piece rims, used with tubes. Good luck.........
Thanks for the info...I downloaded AZUSA's catalog at their website...looks like they have some tires/tubes that will work for me...along with a bunch of other stuff too :D

Thanks again...Rich

Rob Voska

Post by Rob Voska » Wed Sep 12, 2007 10:57 pm

Most all the Azusa stuff is available from APS. (American Power Sports) A long time suporter of TBO!

Rich-Johnson

Post by Rich-Johnson » Thu Sep 13, 2007 11:24 am

Rob Voska wrote:Most all the Azusa stuff is available from APS. (American Power Sports) A long time suporter of TBO!
OK Thanks for the info Rob...I'll order my stuff from them ;)

Rob Voska

Post by Rob Voska » Thu Sep 13, 2007 10:34 pm

Thanks....gotta support the people that help make this event the overwhelming success that it has become. The participants that come year after year, the donors that come through every year and ask NOT to receive any recognition. This year unbelievably a restored Simplex chassis was donated by one of the nicest guys in the hobby.......last year it was an engine......it's really just overwhelming…..and they ask for nothing in return.
The web site has been neglected a little as a lot of personal changes have been happening in everyone’s lives…….it happens……but then I log on and see you helping each other…..quite a few have stepped up and helped……….very little squabbling. It makes me proud to see you treat each other with respect, poke a little well meaning fun at each other….then show up and lend tools, engines, a helping hand, advice or whatever is needed at the track. That’s what karting has always been about to me……
Thanks
Rob