The Homelite Kart engines

Post all your vintage karting messages here in the General Discussion Forum

Moderator: Rob Voska

mcbob
Vintage Karting items owned: Everything Mac but a Kart but who know's ?

Re: The Homelite Kart engines

Post by mcbob » Wed May 13, 2009 9:38 pm

When your ready Jeff i suppose since there's been bugger all for all these years a little longer won't matter i appreciate your time ol mate.

Mc Bob.

louie figone
Vintage Karting items owned: Single/twin 67 Chaparrals
69 A bone/Model J/62 Fox
WB/820s/610s/580V5
PP58/61/82/KL100
User Agreement: Yes

Post by louie figone » Wed May 13, 2009 11:01 pm

Jeff, Homelite did not make a KR100, only the left hand KL100.

Louie

Jeff Troy
Vintage Karting items owned: Dart Super K/PP-AH58, Homelite Spitfire LA-1/KL-82/LR-82

Post by Jeff Troy » Thu May 14, 2009 9:52 am

Thanks, Louie,

Makes sense to me, as stub axle karts were all gone by the time the 100 was released. Even the ads for the release of the "new" live axle Spitfire showed 92's onboard.

BTW, still working on the graphic for the 92. I made a tracing of one decent stickie, and am sending to my vinyl guy.

Should have results in a week or two.

Warmest...
Jeff Troy
759 New Holland Ave.
Lancaster PA 17602
717-917-3670 (Leave message and I will return your call)
http://www.bradleygt.com
http://www.jefftroy.com (Under Construction)

ted johnson

Post by ted johnson » Thu May 14, 2009 1:53 pm

Louie, Jeff, McBob, Same goes for the KL95 as far as I can find out, no KR version. Jeff, what sort of cost/quantities are you looking at to produce a vinyl sticker? Thanks. Ted

Jeff Troy
Vintage Karting items owned: Dart Super K/PP-AH58, Homelite Spitfire LA-1/KL-82/LR-82

Post by Jeff Troy » Thu May 14, 2009 3:37 pm

Hi, Ted,

Unless I've needed a frame or an engine, most of the guys have just sent what I needed and refused any kind of payment. I try to do the same, so unless you need quantity -- or unless the cost to me goes up crazy -- I'll just send them when you need them. Kinda like a Pay It Forward thing.

Warmest...
Jeff Troy
759 New Holland Ave.
Lancaster PA 17602
717-917-3670 (Leave message and I will return your call)
http://www.bradleygt.com
http://www.jefftroy.com (Under Construction)

ted johnson

Post by ted johnson » Thu May 14, 2009 4:33 pm

Well, Jeff, I keep looking for a good rebuildable 95 or 100, but they turn up on eBay, and of course I can never afford them! Maybe one day I will get lucky! If so, maybe we can deal on a sticker! These new Swoopster Bandits would really look great with a stand-up Homie. See you at Fremont! Ted

Chris Liggett
Vintage Karting items owned: Old homelite kart motor,and a garage full of chainsaws

Post by Chris Liggett » Fri Jul 30, 2021 4:44 pm

I've recently bought a few ol homelite dinosaur saws from a ol boy,I believe it was last last September. He sent me a pic a few days later of what he called a kart motor. He told me his parents bought it brand new for him,and he had it on a kart for years. If I was interested,he's go poking @ his place and try to find it. Of course I told him heck yeah I'm interested. Well,fast forward to w days ago,I get a text from him,he says,he found the kart motor,when would I like to come pick it up? I said this sawturday ok? He has one stipulation,that I take the saw on trade,he would like me to get his old homelite 150 back in working order!!! Can't wait to get my hands on this ol jewel.

REAR

Post by REAR » Sat Jul 31, 2021 1:12 pm

Chris,

How about some pictures of that diamond.

Those early motors have that cool look and a bark that no modern motor can match.

R.E.A.R.

ted johnson

Post by ted johnson » Sat Jul 31, 2021 5:36 pm

Bob, I remember well when a new guy first brought a brand new, dolled up Alpha Kart to our track in Rockledge, FL. Twin K-92's on it. It sounded vicious. I was running the Go Kart 800 with twin modified Mc20's at that time, and my buddy, Dave Woodhurst who ran a Wasp with twin Mc6's and I thought we were in big trouble. :o When we got out on the track, we discovered our qualms were groundless. The Homie bark was a lot worse than its bite. The guy gave up. The next time we saw him, he had a pair of very early Saetta V11's on the kart. It didn't do any better than the K-92's did. He got rid of these and got a pair of 820's. Poor Dick. He still couldn't run with either me or Dave. I believe he finally sold out and gave up. Macs were king of B/C Open till Dick Collier of S&S Oil got hold of the 820's and made them run. Dick Wyatt had a Lancer with dual Collier 820's, and he gave my triple Macs a hard time! Ted

Terry Sullivan
Vintage Karting items owned: 4 Bugs, including the Wasp bought by my Dad in 1959. Many Clintons and a few Macs

Post by Terry Sullivan » Sun Aug 01, 2021 5:10 pm

Geez!
Good to hear that mcBob and Jeff are still with us!
And you too Ted! :D

terry