Mark your calendars- Turkey Trot at Blue Max on November 24t

Post all your vintage karting messages here in the General Discussion Forum

Moderator: Rob Voska

Dean Seavers
Vintage Karting items owned: '66 Chap, '61 Bug Stinger, '61 McCulloch R-1, '60 Go Kart 800, '60 Bug Wasp, '60 Weirdo

Mark your calendars- Turkey Trot at Blue Max on November 24t

Post by Dean Seavers » Thu Sep 06, 2007 10:53 pm

Come out for one last vintage kart bash before the holiday season ties you up. The Saturday after Thanksgiving we'll get together at Blue Max in Davis and run our vintage karts for fun.

If there is enough interest, we can also coordinate a potluck BBQ that day. The way things work at Blue Max on play days is that we split the hours on the track with the modern guys. They get it the first half hour, and we get it the second half hour and we alternate throughout the day. Usually, by two or three in the afternoon, vintage guys are the only ones left, so we tend to have the track to ourselves. We can run from 9 a.m. until 6 p.m. or dusk, whichever comes first.

The practice fee is $20, bring your own fuel, unfortunately no open exhausts or stinger pipes- box mufflers and quieter expansion chambers allowed.

Last year we had about 20 folks come out and we had a blast. If you want to have a BBQ/potluck, drop me a line at voxnut@hotmail.com Heck drop me a line anyway so I can get a rough head count and let the club know we're coming.

Thanks,
Dean