kart i.d. please

Post all your vintage karting messages here in the General Discussion Forum

Moderator: Rob Voska

Brian Thomas
Vintage Karting items owned: 61 Simplex MKII , 61 Fox Mak , 61 Fox , 67 Lancer,74 Kobra, Gokart 400, Unknown
User Agreement: Yes

Re: kart i.d. please

Post by Brian Thomas » Tue Mar 31, 2009 1:34 pm

Everything that I have brought my wife in on she has smoked me at . I am not against this at all . Actually I get a sense of accomplishment when she comes off the track with a smile on her face .
We are and I say WE ,,,, are building a sportsman 61 PP for her on a Fox kart .
This will be her first major hands on kart right down to the motor build .
She has helped in the past but this one will be from start to finish in every aspect.
and the check book opens .
Brian
Brian , Dottie and Shadow Thomas
Black Dog Vintage Racing
http://www.blackdogvintageracing.com
If there isn't a Black Dog hair in the bag it's not a Black Dog product
"Black Dog" ask for it by name

david a luciani
Vintage Karting items owned: gk800 -r1 -gilson excalibar -rupp concept dual,concept,Cheetah ll, panther -Bug

Post by david a luciani » Tue Mar 31, 2009 7:38 pm

Brian,
that would involve GREASE annnd DIRT annnd BROKEN NAILS eeeeek!!!!
there's just no way she'll do that.
BOSS!!!! won't even wash the Harley she likes.
but she's a great gal i wouldn't trade for anything anyway.

Russ,

the commandeering thing is a worry.
as for plan B this year i already have let her get new furniture.
i even went with her to pick it out for hours and hours.
All new appliances,stove, d.w. refridge,microwave, washer , dryer,
i built her a new laundry with new plumbing ,electric, walls,tile floor and fitted shelves and drying poles. I repainted every room in the house but one had my floor mechanic install a new kitchen floor and got a new bedroom carpet.
Sometimes it sure helps that i'm a contractor .
Also lots of flowers,just picked some pussy willow whips for her and garden beds everywhere including a new rock garden on the side yard.
she does her own shopping sprees :shock: and is better than me at stashing things.
i only catch her when a stray receipt falls out of a bag or something.
BUT WITH ALL THAT, she still gets a puzzled look on her face :roll: (i think she practices in the mirror) and says "but i thought you already have" > an engine for the kart , or gearbox or kart or insert whatever i just bought. :(
if it was shoes she would understand as apparently you "can never have too many shoes".
but my stuff is just stuff.
you just can't win!!!
D 8-)
p.s. i now have original aluminum steering wheel and n.o.s. disk brake for the 1960 gk800.
sorry to whoever else bid on the wheel
d

Russ Smith
Vintage Karting items owned: 59 BugWasp; 60 GoKart800; Simplex: 60 MKII, 62 MKVI; 69 BugStinger; 67 LilIndian Minibike.

Post by Russ Smith » Wed Apr 01, 2009 12:05 am

Gee Dave,
I'm going to have to keep my old lady away from your last post at all costs!
Russ

Alan Warn
Vintage Karting items owned: GK 800

Post by Alan Warn » Wed Apr 01, 2009 1:22 am

Your guys' posts really make me proud to be single. They are actually difficult for me to read. Can we talk about karts now? Will any of your wives let you sell me any MC 10 or 101 shrouds? Maybe I should ask them myself. Might be the best idea I've ever had! I could probably corner the vintage kart market that way! I'LL BE THE KING!!! UNSTOPPABLE!!!!

Russ Smith
Vintage Karting items owned: 59 BugWasp; 60 GoKart800; Simplex: 60 MKII, 62 MKVI; 69 BugStinger; 67 LilIndian Minibike.

Post by Russ Smith » Wed Apr 01, 2009 12:22 pm

Alan,
Boy, am I glad you don't live near here. If you ever showed up when I wasn't home, Carole would probably sell you everything in the shop, including the tools, .............and at bargain prices!

Russ

david a luciani
Vintage Karting items owned: gk800 -r1 -gilson excalibar -rupp concept dual,concept,Cheetah ll, panther -Bug

Post by david a luciani » Wed Apr 01, 2009 1:28 pm

Russ,
she got all that stuff after waiting about five years for me to get the time to do it.
the slow work economy just turned into unpaid work for me. :cry:

Alan,Alan , Alan,

we were all once single.
it's a phase that the BOSS!!! lets us go through.
then when you're not lokkin bam yer snagged.
anyway haven't heard from you in a while. i still have those inner shrouds and bits you wanted .
still interested?
send me a p.m.
D 8-)
p.s. if my BOSS!!! finds out how to sell my stuff i'll know who to "look up" :twisted:

D

Alan Warn
Vintage Karting items owned: GK 800

Post by Alan Warn » Wed Apr 01, 2009 6:48 pm

My secret to not being married is to make myself as undesirable to women as possible. I have achieved this by making my house into storage and shop. It's kinda nice to be able to tear apart motors in a heated living room while watching TV. Extra bedrooms are strictly for storing projects to work on in the living room. When my quadruple ex girlfriend comes over every two months to clean and organize my house, she is obviously making more room for me to store more stuff, right? Don't know what I'd do without her. The GK 800 in the bedroom keeps her mind off of the dirtbikes in the kitchen. Crack the gas cap on an old chainsaw and it takes her mind off just about anything. Who says rotten gas isn't good for anything? Have you guys ever thought of the old "retirement fund" ploy to buy more karts? The stock market and 401k's are pretty risky now days. Housing prices are dropping. Go karts are a much safer investment. There isn't any capitol gains tax on go karts. Hope I don't help you guys too much, cause it might screw up my plans to take over the vintage kart world.

david a luciani

Post by david a luciani » Thu Apr 02, 2009 6:08 pm

Alan,

i like your style.
BBBBBBUT you'd have to get up pretty early to take over karting with me around.
i'll post the one pix here that kinda makes my point .
then i'll start a new i.d, post as this one's getting silly!!! :D
i know , i know, i started it .
so sue me. ;)

D 8-)
DSCN1029.JPG
my spring luck is still holding
(1.04 MiB) Downloaded 49 times

Doug Tenney
Vintage Karting items owned: '63 Blitz Barracuda, '62? Blitz, '60 Dart A-Bone, Rob-Ron Dart, '68? Bug, Fantic Broncco

Post by Doug Tenney » Fri Apr 03, 2009 12:56 pm

Both karts in the photos are Blitz fun karts. The red kart has the pre-'63 style steering design (steering arms come off of the top of the spindles, vs. the bottoms starting in '63). All pre-'63 Blitz karts had the front "bearing" for the steering shaft perched up high, to work with these high-mounted steering arms. I don't know what name Blitz gave to their fun karts prior to '63, but at least in '63 the fun kart was named "F-250."

See the attached postcard that I bought awhile back from Bill Pryor on E-Bay, showing the 1963 Blitz lineup. The F-250 is on the upper left. Dave, notice its got the same color as yours, too!
Attachments
postcard_front.jpg
(41 KiB) Downloaded 45 times

david a luciani

Post by david a luciani » Fri Apr 03, 2009 5:12 pm

Doug,

thanx for the input.

i hate to differ with you but theres alot different about that fun kart.
first the tubing on the fun kart is very small maybe 3/4 " but not more than 1"
mine has massive tubing probably 1 1/4"
second no dropped axle,no axle brace and no cast pedals
mine has all three.
third the steering is different.
no triangle at the base.
the rear tubes have no drop, theres a dead axle and the motor mounts are different.
mine has dual brakes live tubed axle and the frame has a drop.
but the paint looks the same and i think the dico rims are the same.

we do have a Thunderblitz 1963 that's built nearly the same in the front clip.
but the f1000 could be a later version of the one i have.
the other blitz i'm fairly sure is their first racing model about a 58 or 59.
it's true parts and frame bits were used up later as fun karts and that might be what has mislead you.
i posted the one pix here to pull Alan's leg a little and started a new post with better pix.
i've put them here so you can see the pix and note the differences.
DSCN1031.JPG
rear view
(1 MiB) Downloaded 25 times
DSCN1030.JPG
side view
(1007.86 KiB) Downloaded 22 times
if you have any other pix of blitzes i would love to see them .
dave 8-)