What is the history of RobRon and these karts?

Post all your vintage karting messages here in the General Discussion Forum

Moderator: Rob Voska

josh carrell
Vintage Karting items owned: simplex, Sprint, bug wasp, Dart Kart A bone, Sears Kart, Hornet lP2 Enduro.

What is the history of RobRon and these karts?

Post by josh carrell » Thu Mar 26, 2009 9:23 pm

Ok I bought the orange one last fall. I have since sold it. This weekend I found the yellow one. I know it is a Rob Ron as well but what year did they build these? They both have rupp turbin wheels and seat back gas tanks. The yellow one is drilled for a chrome seat back rupp tank. Any help would be great.
Thanks in advance
Josh

david a luciani
Vintage Karting items owned: gk800 -r1 -gilson excalibar -rupp concept dual,concept,Cheetah ll, panther -Bug
User Agreement: Yes

Re: What is the history of RobRon and these karts?

Post by david a luciani » Thu Mar 26, 2009 10:36 pm

hey Josh,
you probably missed this on the resource page.

Robron - Robert Stanton robroninc@marlboroelectric.net 1-800-624-7383 (7am to 4pm), Robron has original tooling from Rupp Industries and is manufacturing NEW 1968 A-Bone Dart Karts, click here for brochure page 1, brochure page 2, and large photos!. Robron also now has new McCulloch Rev-Grip dry outboard/inboard clutches (LH/RH nuts).

they ought to be able to answer your questions.
d 8-)

josh carrell
Vintage Karting items owned: simplex, Sprint, bug wasp, Dart Kart A bone, Sears Kart, Hornet lP2 Enduro.

Post by josh carrell » Fri Mar 27, 2009 10:16 am

Thanks David
I called Robert this morning, and I now I know the history on these karts. Now what are the rules for running them? Legal or not Legal? No reason to spend the money to redo the kart if I can not run it :D .
Thanks
Josh

Dean Seavers
Vintage Karting items owned: '66 Chap, '61 Bug Stinger, '61 McCulloch R-1, '60 Go Kart 800, '60 Bug Wasp, '60 Weirdo

Post by Dean Seavers » Fri Mar 27, 2009 10:38 am

Josh-

You can run them everywhere that I know of, because it's just a repop of a Rupp kart, not anything out of period.

Dean

josh carrell

Post by josh carrell » Fri Mar 27, 2009 10:45 am

OFF TO THE POWDER COATER :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: